Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Why was Gene Simmons on ESPN.com?

80s Forum: Why was Gene Simmons on ESPN.com?

INDIANAPOLIS -- Don't be surprised to find a checkered flag soon amid the black-and-white KISS face paint of tongue-wagging bassist Gene Simmons.

Simmons and marketing partner Richard Abramson have signed a deal to promote the Indy Racing League, the open-wheeled circuit announced.

The promotion campaign features a 91-second anthem called "I Am Indy" co-authored by Simmons, performed by the band BAG.

The lyrics, which repeat the song's title "I Am Indy," preach about individuality and top-speed performance: "I am everything I want/ I have everything I need/ I know exactly what to do/ 'cuz I am Indy."

"It's a personal statement that's a sort of personal allegiance to the United States of Indy," Simmons said.

The Indianapolis-based IRL posted the song on its Web site, www.indycar.com.

Details of the rest of the campaign were being kept under wraps -- a spokesman declined to release the length and cost of the contract -- but Simmons said it would include an Indy-related clothing line.

The IRL is trying to increase its fan base.

"I think it's very aggressive and I think it's exactly what the IndyCar Series needs," said Brian Barnhart, IRL's president and chief operating officer.

Re: Why was Gene Simmons on ESPN.com?

what a Queen rip-off...

the league idea is cool tho
    Surgeon Generals warning:Evil may be hazardous to your health

Re: Why was Gene Simmons on ESPN.com?

mmmmmmmmm let me think mmmmmmm MONEY?

Thread Information