Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Sisters of Mercy at Manchester Academy

80s Forum: Sisters of Mercy at Manchester Academy

Sisters of Mercy at Manchester Academy

Despite it being 15 years since they produced any new material, and the fact original Goth is far from popular nowadays it didn't stop Eldritch from still being the coolest ****er on the planet last night! Utterly Bastard Groovy!
    The gig was a typical Sisters affair, too much dry ice and not enough volume on Eldritch's mic. The whole show becomes an atmospheric performance almost like white noise with the drum machine, Doktor Avalanche, thumping away over the top of it. The band, made up of God knows who these days, hammered through a set of fan favourites taken from all era's of the bands history and including Dr Jeep, Alice, This Corrosion yet strangely nothing from their first album. Highlights for me were Lucretia and Giving Ground taken from the album released under the name The Sisterhood. They wrapped the night up with Temple of Love as an encore then disappeared into the smog once more, overall I'd give it four potatoes!

Re: Sisters of Mercy at Manchester Academy

I wonder if that is the same tour I saw in Toronto? Cant remember years too clearly anymore lol.

If it was, they did a great rendition of Some Kind of Stranger and a really surprising cover of Comfortably Numb. I would not normally want to hear anyone else doing that. The guitar solo is just perfect as it is. But the Sisters manage to do all their covers sufficiently different that it is okay.

I love there version of Jolene too.
    Boom! Boom!
    Waaahahahahaha!

Re: Sisters of Mercy at Manchester Academy

Lets hope they bring out a dvd of it.
    Sometimes, HE comes back...

Thread Information