Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Whats going on??

80s Forum: Whats going on??

Unhappy Whats going on??

The last week or so browsing this site is almost impossible!!!!

I notice that some ads were added and the skins were fixed (I can now select the different skins which didnt work before (@ least for me))

My connection isnt the best and i have always come here with SCRIPTS DISABLED because its MUCH FASTER (All the ads bog it down like crazy and with the added scripts,it takes forever to load) I was doing fine with scripts disabled,but last week something was changed and i cant browse w/o scripts anymore (It keeps freezing up,etc.......)

Can someone look into this??? Why change what was working fine before??

/rant over

Re: Whats going on??

What changed is new advertising I believe which isn't subject to change... Sal's gotta do what he's gotta do to finance the site. Not really sure what the problem could be that's making things freeze and all that... site's been loading and running as well as ever on my end! Only difference is that annoying lil new ad that was put in, but it takes 1 second to click it away, so I can deal

Not sure how to straighten your prob out though... unless someone else is having similar problems that can help ya pinpoint it....

Smile Re: Whats going on??

Yes well.....

Adding the ads isnt a big deal,its using SCRIPTS to display the ads!!!!! (Thats what bogs it down) .. I PMed sal and gave him a link to a site that has MANY MORE ADS THAN HERE and that site isnt bogged down at all from them (They arent deleivered via script,so i can surf that site fine w/o them (AND ITS 10X FASTER )

Ah well.......Try disabling scripts and browsing the site my friend,login with scripts disabled and go from there

I notice ALOT OF SITES having issues lately.....I heard that MS is changing how CSS is handled in IE,i dunno if that would affect things or not.....

Ah well

Angry I Think I Found 1 Possible Answer!!

I had forgotton that Microsoft was CHANGING HOW IE HANDLES ACTIVE X (That update was in march) and that might be doing it also

http://www.betanews.com/article/Micr...nge/1141233576

Have you taken any updates in the last couple weeks Sal?? Would it be possible to UNINSTALL THE UPDATES if you did??????

I swear,M$ sucks!!!!!!!!

Alot of sites have started having issues lately and it might be due to this crap!!!
    Last edited by Dude111; 5-21-06 at 09:25 AM.

Re: Whats going on??

I think i discovered the problem with trying to come here WITH SCRIPTS DISABLED now......

When sal added a few ads and fixed the skins,he accidently messed up the delivering of the cookies IF SCRIPTS ARE DISABLED........

I have my cookies set to PROMPT and if i come here and see "digitalpoint.com" loading a cookie,THINGS WORK FINE..... But if i do not see a cookie from "digitalpoint.com" i know its not gonna work and i have to close my browser and try again......

Could someone please maybe move this thread to the mod base or ask Sal to look into it for me?? (Before "digitalpoint.com" always loaded a cookie (Be4 Sal changed things))

This site is SO MUCH FASTER with scripts disabled (@ least for me) (Its the scripts loading that bogs down the loading time and wen you remove them,the difference is very pleasing)

God bless
    Last edited by Dude111; 5-27-06 at 12:06 PM.

Thread Information