Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Til Tuesday.

80s Forum: Til Tuesday.

Thread: Til Tuesday.

Til Tuesday.

OK...Their are a number of groups I feel extremly stong about from the 1980's and this is one of them. I beleive the best video of 1984 was made by the best new group of 1984, who In my Humble opionion produced the best albumn of 1984. The Song/Video is none other than Voices Carry, by a Band Called Til Tuesday. This is not the first time I've commented about this group and it certainly won't be last. The group first broke on to the new wave scene six months after its formation when it won radio station WBCN's battle of the bands competition in 1983. Their debut albumn in 1984 "Voices Carry" is an absolute master peice...

Its a shame none of their other songs faired as well on the charts. They later followed with two other albumns "Welcome Home" and "Everythings Different Now", both of which are wonderfully well writen albumns. Like my previous post about the group Real Life, I believe the lack of success by Til Tueday can be attributed to the record company Epic would failed in their responsabilties to market the group properly. I beilieve they are one of the most underated groups of the eighties. The Lead Singer / Song writer Aimee Mann was at the time one of the most beautiful women in the world, with a voice that was as equally hauntingly beautiful...In fact even today 22 years later she is still a very attractive... For those of you that are interested the video can be played ( but not downloaded ) at the link below. When I think of the New Wave, Goth and Punk scenes from the eighties most of the groups that come to mind are usually from Europe. countries like England, Ireland Germany, tended to produced the bulk of the bands in the movement, yet here we have a rare exemple of a band from the USA...born on the streets of Boston, they were, and still are a a Shining example of everything NEW WAVE should be...
    Til Tuesday are ...
    A. Mann
    M. Hausman
    R. Holmes
    J. Pesce

Here the link...although all the songs are execllent, I really love Coming Up Close, its a beautiful song but did'nt fair well on the charts... wounderful song just the same...

http://music.aol.com/artist/til-tuesday/5659/main
    Last edited by Images In Vogue; 5-19-06 at 01:12 AM.

Re: Til Tuesday.

I loved Voices Carry! And then when Amy Mann went on to work with Rush... WOW! Very awesome! Definitely an underrated band.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Likes it when they just stand there & don't say anything!
    Proud Bad Girl Sistah

Re: Til Tuesday.

"Voices Carry" is an awesome song, and still sounds good today. I always felt that Ammie amann had a unique voice, unlike any other female singer of the time.

Thread Information