Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322
Why do I get banned from chatting?

80s Forum: Why do I get banned from chatting?

Why do I get banned from chatting?

I tried visiting the chat room a few times just now and the first time I was logged in and I was told that I'm banned. The second time I got the same comment when I logged in to the chat room.

Is this making sense? Obviously you can tell I'm no computer expert

I got timed out a few times yesterday as well. Don't know if that's related.

THanks in advance.

Re: Why do I get banned from chatting?

Do you have the newest password?

There are now essentially TWO chat rooms, one is the xchange's (in pink in the header above and on the menu bar where it says "80s chat room". From what I understand, the 80s chat room is open to all xchangers. the other chat room is DIB Chat which is NOT part of the xchange...only operated by two members of the xchange, that is about the only tie it has to the xchange. If it is the new 80sxchange chat, Sal still has a few bugs he's working on with it. If it's DIB Chat, talk to Miss INXS or Roemello about that as it's their baby. The 80s chat runs VB flash Chat and can be a bit buggy if you don't have the tweaks worked out. and if you are getting banned from 80s chat, I'd talk to Sal about that one.

We had the same problem on another site with that flash chat thing (The NEW one here @ the exchange) .. We got the problem sorted out (The permissions had to be set right on the chat app.)

Nice little flash chat thing ($5 to purchase)

Thread Information