Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Weekend of Pat Benatar Shows

80s Forum: Weekend of Pat Benatar Shows

Weekend of Pat Benatar Shows

Hi All,
    Well, I've pretty much recovered from my weekend. I started out my weekend on Thursday when I drove over to a friends house in Orlando, FL which is an hours drive from my house. George, who is also a Pat Benatar fan club member and I have gone to at least one Pat Benatar show every year since 1998.

We started off on our 2 hour trip to Jacksonville, FL and got there about 5:15. Parking in that city was very limited, but after driving around in circles, around one way streets, we finally found a parking spot about a block from the venue. The venue was the Florida Theater, a beautiful concert venue holds seating for 1900.
    BTW, the name of this tour in The Polyamnesia Tour which is why the stage was decorated with palm trees.

We met up with two other fanclub members, a couple who came to see Pat's Florida shows from Houston, Texas. George and I had seats in the 11th row, but the view of the stage is easily seen from anywhere in the venue. The theater was packed to the rafters as Pat's opening band started the night. Hangface is the name of the band from Holland and these guys really rock hard. They were a great opening band, played for about 40 minutes at each of the shows and got the audience in a great mood for the rest of the night.

Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo and their band came out after a 20 minute intermission and rocked the house playing all of their biggest hits with a couple of newer songs into the mix (Set List below). People in the audience sang along to just about every song played. The set list was the same at all three venues that we went to since this was only the 4th, 5th, and 6th shows of a 58 shows schedule. George and I drove back to Orlando after the show because he didn't have anybody to take of his hybred wolf dog getting there about 2am on Friday morning. We stayed the night at his house and at 12:30pm hit the road again, this time for Tallahassee, a 4 hour drive to the panhandle of Florida.

Set List
    All Fired Up
    Shadows of the Night
    Sanctuary
    Wide Awake in Dreamland
    Invincible
    We Live for Love (semi-acoustic)
    Go
    We Belong
    True Love
    Hell is for Children
    River of Love
    Hit Me with Your Best Shot
    Heartbreaker

Encore
    Promises in the Dark
    Love is a Battlefield

After arriving in Tallahassee we had a few hours to burn since we made it there at about 5 o'clock. The venue was called The Moon and this place holds 1500+ because there's seating for 900 on three levels and the rest of the place is standing room only. George and I had reserved seats at a table for four. To our surprise, Natalie and Mike, the married couple from Houston were seated, totally at random at our table. We should have gotten general admission tickets because we were farther from the stage, but we had seats (well, we had seats untill the show started at least). Once Pat came on stage, we moved close to it since we could'nt see the stage very well because the venue kept adding tables and seats in front of us and the entrances to the section we were in.

This venue was packed to the point that you could hardly move, and this place had the rowdiest crowd from bikers to country bumpkins to the well dressed for a night out. Again Hangface and then Pat's band rocked the crowd. Everybody throwing their hands in the air and singing along to the songs. The sound of the crowd singing at times overpowered even Pat to the point she had to adjust her microphone volume a couple of times. I was able to get pictures at this show and the link to those is below.

Shortcut to Webshots Pictures
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?I2CF22E3D

We grabbed a bite to eat with Mike and Natalie after the show and George and I drove back to Orlando getting to the house at 5am Saturday, caught a few hours of sleep and were off again to the House of Blues at Downtown Disney to catch the last show of our trip, our shortest trip (30 minutes). We saw another packed house, another awesome show, met up with two of Pat's band members, Mick Mahan (bass) and Chris Ralles (drums) for about 30 minutes and then Mike and Natalie went to their hotel, George went back home to Orlando and I headed home in the other direction. What a weekend!!!! Woo Hoo!!!!
    Wally

http://BenatarFanClub.com The Official Fanclub

Re: Weekend of Pat Benatar Shows

Wow Wally, that sounds like an AWESOME weekend. I LOVE Pat Benatar and I hope to be able to go when she's at New Orleans HOB next month. Keep your fingers crossed for me!!
    ~jen~

Totally stalked by 80s Trivia
    Wavemaster's favourite former teacher
    >>>Officially stalking djdaffy<<<
    ~~MMMMMM Chasey~~

jen* has a space

Quote Originally Posted by jen* View Post
    Wow Wally, that sounds like an AWESOME weekend. I LOVE Pat Benatar and I hope to be able to go when she's at New Orleans HOB next month. Keep your fingers crossed for me!!
    Công ty TNHH SX TM DV Đồ Da VR360 chuyên cung cấp Bop da nam xin chúc bạn buôn may bán đắt !

Hotline / Zalo / Viber: 0989208844
    Showroom Trung Tâm: 1352 Trường Sa, P3, Tân Bình
    Chi nhánh 2: 5 Ngõ 5 , Láng hạ, Th*nh Công, Ba Đình
    Web site Bóp da cá sấu h*ng th*t : tuidacasau.vn

Quote Originally Posted by hupa2018 View Post
    C&#244;ng ty TNHH SX TM DV Đồ Da VR360 chuy&#234;n cung cấp Bop da nam xin ch&#250;c bạn bu&#244;n may b&#225;n đắt !
    Hotline / Zalo / Viber: 0989208844 Showroom Trung T&#226;m: 1352 Trường Sa, P3, T&#226;n B&#236;nh Chi nh&#225;nh 2: 5 Ng&#245; 5 , L&#225;ng hạ, Th�*nh C&#244;ng, Ba Đ&#236;nh Web site B&#243;p da c&#225; sấu h�*ng th�*t : tuidacasau.vn
    dich vu in offset uy tin Cao Huy Ho*ng chuyên phục vụ in catalogue nhieu mau chúc công ty của các bạn đắc khách v* nhớ ủng hộ dịch vụ mình nhé

dịch vụ in offset CAO HUY HOÀNG rất hân hạnh được phục vụ quý khách thân thương :

Địa chỉ: 5/2 Nguyễn C*u Đ*m, Phường Tân Sơn Nhì, Qu*n Tân Phú, TP. Hồ Ch* Minh
    Điện thoại: 0906 944 359 - 0976 271 035
    Web site: caohuyhoang.com

Thread Information