Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
A Book By One Of Our Very Own....

80s Forum: A Book By One Of Our Very Own....

A Book By One Of Our Very Own....

A short while back, our very own ChanceMurphy offered some free copies of his book, Chance Murphy and the Battle of Morganville. He was kind enough to send me a copy, and I just had to share a review with y'all!

This book is set in 1986 - and you would not believe all the 80s references that are thrown in there. Movies, music, styles of the good ol' days....it's got it all. If you don't get a few good laughs, you've forgotten what it's like to be thirteen!

Chance is a kid struggling with change - change in his family life, change in his body, and change in the people around him. He's angry, he's sad, and he's ready to tell you all about it. The story is told from the perspective of Chance himself, and you find yourself feeling like you're listening to a kid tell you about all these events in his life. It's told in the way that people actually talk, with some 80s slang thrown in for good measure.

Some things will shock you, some things will move you, and some things will have you laughing at the poor kid. The parent in you wants to scold him, but the kid in you knows just where he's coming from. Try as you might, you just can't dislike him.

If you haven't already gotten a copy, I'd ask ChanceMurphy (a.k.a. Josh McClary, author) if he has any left to send out. If he doesn't, it's certainly worth finding out where you can get it!

You'd like to think so, wouldn't you?
    I don't know. I lost my psychic abilities when they stole my superhero powers.

Re: A Book By One Of Our Very Own....

I would love to get a copy if there are still some available. It sounds fantastic.

Re: A Book By One Of Our Very Own....

Check it out! The book is now widely available at bookstores and on the internet at Amazon and BarnesandNoble.com.

I think I'll pick up a copy for myself.

Congratulations Josh!!
    ~jen~

Totally stalked by 80s Trivia
    Wavemaster's favourite former teacher
    >>>Officially stalking djdaffy<<<
    ~~MMMMMM Chasey~~

jen* has a space

Thread Information