Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

The worst remake of an 80s song - Page 2

80s Forum: The worst remake of an 80s song
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: The worst remake of an 80s song

I have to say I still prefer Tears for Fears' version. the pace and music is perfect for the feel of the song.

this guy sounds a bit too depressing, even if it may be how the song is supposed to be.

I agree. You can't beat Tears For Fears anyway. They're just awesome. I wouldn't want to hear anybody even attempt to do their songs.

I've found a live recording of "Mad World" by Tears For Fears that is as slow as Jules' version. The soft guitar intro is fantastic.

This may not be the worst one, but I've always thought it was pretty bad. No Doubt's version of "It's My Life." It fell so short of being even close to Talk Talk that it wasn't even funny. The smooth vocles wern't there, and neither was the good production. It was just dead. Anybody agree?

I actually disagree I thought it was a pretty decent remake, and far from some of those respectless remakes you hear from time to time. Ofcourse - the original was better, but still...

I also disagree. I thought the remake of "It's my life" was good. At least, it sounds pretty much like the original compared to some remake that barely sound the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyverbe View Post
    I heard a hip-hop song yesterday where the chorus is Supertramp's "Breakfast in America". It is incredibly horrible. I cannot believe Supertramp allowed this.
    I heard this in my shop a few weeks ago. When the chorus came on, I was singing along with it. I was asking everyone if it was a remake. I knew it sounded familiar. When I got home I typed in the lyrics and found the Supertramp song. I agree, it is pretty awful. Maybe Supertramp needed some fast cash? Be glad the song was not used in a commercial.

Caligula's bestest friend.
    Hey Triv, you can dance..for inspiration..
    Stalkee of chasey.
    One of DJ's favorites
    Secretly admiring Retrobaby....shhh
    Mischief brewer with TX

MY SPACE
    Facebook

~Fight over the clouds, over earth, over canyon
    They fight for our love, for our blood, over heaven,
    Fight over love, over sun,
    over nothing, they fight till they die,
    and for what? For their lives ending.~

Oh it's nasty. The sad thing is, it's gettin to be a big hit. And, the other sad thing is that kids who hear this now don't even know or care who Super Tramp is. God! That makes me feel old.

Mariah Carey doing a rather HORRENDOUS "remake" of Def Leppards "Bringin on a hearbreak". Good god what were they thinking allowing her to re-do this great song?

Also, ANY: band/person/songwriter who allows Celine Dion to "remake" anything, let alone sing anything....SHOULD BE SHOT!!!! Ort dipped in brown gravy and then locked in a small room with a wolverine who's high on angeldust. Whoever told this no talent hack she could sing is probably the same bunch of dopes who told Britney Spears she could sing?. Good grief make it stop!! Whats weorse, is, some of you folks continue to buy her shitty records. Please, for the love of all that's holy...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stop giving this woman and her 90 yr old pedofile husband with a bad gambling habit more of your money?

Sorry all you "Celine fans"....I don't get it. She has about as much talent as the crack in my ass. I saw her butcher a classic AC/DC song(one in which the band should've castrated her soon after) on a tv show one day.

My God.!!! I never knew that Mariah did a version of "Bringin' On The Heartbreak." What a disgrace. That should never have been permited. I've never heard it and wouldn't want too. That's just nasty.

She has a voice that breaks glass and makes dogs howl.

I know what D.L. were thinking. 'nice big check'.

You got a point. Still, It's pretty painful.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
    I heard this in my shop a few weeks ago. When the chorus came on, I was singing along with it. I was asking everyone if it was a remake. I knew it sounded familiar. When I got home I typed in the lyrics and found the Supertramp song. I agree, it is pretty awful. Maybe Supertramp needed some fast cash? Be glad the song was not used in a commercial.
    It's absolutely horrible in every sense of the word!! it is SO BAD it makes me want to pull my ears off temporarily. Maybe it helps with the Supertramp member's retirement funds or something.
    A few years ago a dance outfit called Scooter did a remake of the Logical song, also by Supertramp - a blasting upbeat dance cover and it also sucked the life right out of that one too.

Thumbs down

"MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE" by machine head...

Absolute trash... Ill be listening to an ALTERNATE ROCK stream and that song comes on,I CANT STAND IT AND THUS DROP OFF THE STREAM.. (I have heard it 2 times now)

http://www.youtube.com/v/QU3TIQQKyso

The way alot of these songs can end up happening is due to the way licensing is done. More often than not the original band have no say about cover versions. You can just log on to the Harry Fox Agency website and license a song to do a cover, since the rights for most major label music prior to the mid 90's or so is owned by the record companies.

This does have the opposite effect though where you can also end up with the hilarious cover of "Oops I did it again" that Children of Bodom did.

Somebody in country music has redone Rod Stewarts Tonights The Night. I think it sounds awful!!!!!!!!!!!
    ...whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable if anything is excellent or praiseworthy think about such things."

Have you hugged your penguin today?

Two Singers that make me cringe......Mariah Carey and Celine Dion! UGH!!!

I agree though...Most 80s remakes are trash! I do like the remake of "Land Of Confusion" by Disturbed though. Shhhhhh!!!

Keeper of the *New* 80sxchange Family Album
    My Facebook Profile
    Webmaster: DJ Daffy's Hott 80s website
    Host/DJ: Renegade Retro's Friday Night Flight something for everyone to enjoy!

Heh i dont even like that one!

Quote Originally Posted by Lefteris View Post
    "How Soon Is Now" by t.A.T.u is by far the worst 80's cover version I have ever heard
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BLpaF7tnYU

That hurts! I love that song! Ruined!
    ~*uuɐloɹɐɔ~*
    Stalked by the fantabulos Prefab Sprouter
    Partners in Crime with Annette
    Proud member of the metal chick posse
    Member of the Xchange Badgirl club!
    Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a car that you are still paying for - in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.
    ~ Ellen Goodman

Trekkin By Harket..

Boston Bruins

There's a buttload of covers that suck. Here's one i heard today a cover of Rush-Tom Sawyer
    Yes,i'm a new world samurai and a redneck none the less

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information