Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
New computer

80s Forum: New computer

Thread: New computer

New computer

I have been shopping for a new computer. Not quite sure what the best deal is.

Right now I have an HP Pavilion 520n 1.3 Ghz Intel processor. 512 ram. 60.0 ultra DMA hard drive. The new computer does not have to be the best one the market but I would like one better then what I have now.

I need the mic/speakers/and other useful ports in the front. I already have a dvd/cd burner that I should be able to use in the new computer. However a computer with the burners included would be ok. I would like to have a flat screen too! Although,I am pretty much ok with my screen now. I could live without a flat screen. Would it be best to invest just in a new tower?

Not concerned with the keyboard and mouse since I already have a nice cordless set. I basically need better ram and processor. I am looking for a price range between $500-$800. The cheaper the better.

Any advice?

Caligula's bestest friend.
    Hey Triv, you can dance..for inspiration..
    Stalkee of chasey.
    One of DJ's favorites
    Secretly admiring Retrobaby....shhh
    Mischief brewer with TX

MY SPACE
    Facebook

~Fight over the clouds, over earth, over canyon
    They fight for our love, for our blood, over heaven,
    Fight over love, over sun,
    over nothing, they fight till they die,
    and for what? For their lives ending.~

Re: New computer

I got advice from my good friend Greg. He sent me a link to a nice refurbished computer. I am going to keep the monitor I have for now. I can get the new computer for $400. Sweet!!

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800 (Dual-Core) 2GHz, 1GB DDR2, 250GB HDD, DVD RW DL, Flash Reader, NVIDIA GeForce 6150 Integrated, Windows XP Media Center It comes with an on board Dual-Layer DVD±RW burner. I can sell the burner I have now!

Caligula's bestest friend.
    Hey Triv, you can dance..for inspiration..
    Stalkee of chasey.
    One of DJ's favorites
    Secretly admiring Retrobaby....shhh
    Mischief brewer with TX

MY SPACE
    Facebook

~Fight over the clouds, over earth, over canyon
    They fight for our love, for our blood, over heaven,
    Fight over love, over sun,
    over nothing, they fight till they die,
    and for what? For their lives ending.~

Re: New computer

Quote Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
    I got advice from my good friend Greg. He sent me a link to a nice refurbished computer. I am going to keep the monitor I have for now. I can get the new computer for $400. Sweet!!

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800 (Dual-Core) 2GHz, 1GB DDR2, 250GB HDD, DVD RW DL, Flash Reader, NVIDIA GeForce 6150 Integrated, Windows XP Media Center It comes with an on board Dual-Layer DVD±RW burner. I can sell the burner I have now!

Good work TopCatBaby! all that for $400 you've done very well!
    [insert loud applause sound effect]

Thread Information