Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322
Def Leppard and Mutt Lang to reunite on new album

80s Forum: Def Leppard and Mutt Lang to reunite on new album

Def Leppard and Mutt Lang to reunite on new album

According to The Def Leppard Satellite Of Love, DEF LEPPARD will reunite with producer Robert John "Mutt" Lange after the tour is over to write a few songs for the new album, "Songs from the Sparkle Lounge", it was revealed on the June 20 edition of "Rockline".

"He's very enthusiastic actually," bassist Rick Savage told the listeners of "Rockline". "He's just heard a few ideas that we had knocking around and he really wants to do a couple things with us, which is great after all this time that we've known him for him to still dig what we're doing and there still that chemistry there for future songs."

The collaboration would be the first between the band and Mutt Lange since 1999's "Euphoria" album.

According to Billboard.com, DEF LEPPARD is "about 85, 90 percent finished" with its next CD, which frontman Joe Elliott describes as "a very rock album."

"I'm not gonna say it's radically different to anything we've ever done," Elliott told Billboard.com. "There's classic DEF LEPPARD. There's stuff that sounds like it's going back to the middle, late-'70s AC/DC and new wave-type sounding stuff. There's definitely some moments on it where anybody that's familiar with our music will go, 'Whoa! I wasn't expecting that!' We've just been very adventurous, musically, on certain numbers."

Elliott said the "Sparkle Lounge" album title refers to a room the group maintained backstage during its 2006 tour dates, where the musicians would congregate with co-producer and live sound technician Ronan McHugh to work up and record ideas.

Re: Def Leppard and Mutt Lang to reunite on new album

If there's classic Def Lep in there you know it'll work. When they came to Columbus back in 05 it was one of the greatest shows I'd ever seen.

Re: Def Leppard and Mutt Lang to reunite on new album

All these rock bands need to do to satisfy us "classic" fans is do two "classic" songs on an album to make us happy.

I have to start a new topic on this..

Thread Information