Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
would you consider this racist, thoughtless or jsut plain dumb and ignorant?

80s Forum: would you consider this racist, thoughtless or jsut plain dumb and ignorant?

would you consider this racist, thoughtless or jsut plain dumb and ignorant?

this has sparked some debate and I don't want to single out a group but here's the story. Think of a negative stereotype associated with a group of people i.e. drinking, they're rich, they're lazy etc. then you see this stereotype embodied in a painting that a relative bought so this person could use it as feng shui in order to attract wealth into the house.

This person doesn't understand how offending it is, says, 'oh but it's such a nice painting.' And someone close to both of you explains it away as, 'she's ignorant. To her it's just a nice painting.' This second person hates all minorites and will voice her opinons on her hatred even though she was married to someone from a 'minority' group and friends with another person also from a 'minority' group. Age shouldn't excuse this and they are people that I have to deal with on a regular basis. I've tried the reasonable 'this is offensive' route and the 'this is incredibly primitive and will get you ousted from respectable society' threat. So if anyone has any advice I'd be really grateful.

Desperate For Measures In Europe

Quote Originally Posted by willowbythesea View Post
    this has sparked some debate and I don't want to single out a group but here's the story. Think of a negative stereotype associated with a group of people i.e. drinking, they're rich, they're lazy etc. then you see this stereotype embodied in a painting that a relative bought so this person could use it as feng shui in order to attract wealth into the house. This person doesn't understand how offending it is, says, 'oh but it's such a nice painting.' And someone close to both of you explains it away as, 'she's ignorant. To her it's just a nice painting.' This second person hates all minorites and will voice her opinons on her hatred even though she was married to someone from a 'minority' group and friends with another person also from a 'minority' group. Age shouldn't excuse this and they are people that I have to deal with on a regular basis. I've tried the reasonable 'this is offensive' route and the 'this is incredibly primitive and will get you ousted from respectable society' threat. So if anyone has any advice I'd be really grateful. Desperate For Measures In Europe
    Công ty TNHH SX – TM Hùng Phát chuyên cung cấp bơm nước điện chìm k*nh chúc bạn buôn may bán đắt !

Công ty TNHH SX – TM Hùng Phát
    Hotline: 0938 344 566
    Web site bom nuoc hoa tien : hupa.com.vn
    Địa chỉ : Lô J19 đường số 6 khu công nghiệp Hải Sơn xã Đức Hòa huyện Đức Hòa Long An

Thread Information