Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Kevin Dubrow, dead.

80s Forum: Kevin Dubrow, dead.

Kevin Dubrow, dead.

Kevin DuBrow, lead singer for the popular 1980’s heavy metal band Quiet Riot, was found dead inside his Las Vegas home on Sunday. DuBrow was 52-years-old.

According to the website TMZ.com, one of Dubrow's neighbors found the singer Sunday around 5:20 PM. The Clark County Coroner confirms to TMZ that they are currently examining Dubrow's body to try to determine the cause of death.

Born on Oct. 29, 1955, young DuBrow grew up in Hollywood, California, before settling in the Los Angeles suburb of Van Nuys at age 13. By the time he was in his mid-teens he had developed an appreciation for a number of British rock acts including the Small Faces, Spooky Tooth, Rod Stewart and Humble Pie. It was the latter of those influences that would leave the biggest impact on DuBrow and act as a compass in his musical career.

The eccentric singer formed the band DuBrow in 1980 shortly after original band mate Randy Rhoads left the group to join Ozzy Osbourne. In 1982 DuBrow changed the name of the band to Quiet Riot and their debut album Metal Health hit number one on the charts, the first metal band to accomplish that feat with a debut album.

While the band enjoyed the success of their initial album with headlining tours, they never achieved the same level of popularity with their later releases. Despite the decline in record sale DuBrow continued to record music with Quiet Riot and the band released their most recent album, Rehab in 2006.

No cause of death has been released.

Comment from fellow bandmate, Fankie Banali:

"I can't even find words to say. Please respect my privacy as I mourn the passing and honor the memory of my dearest friend Kevin DuBrow. "

Comment from Kelly Garni, who was one of the founding members of Quiet Riot (RandyRhoads.tk

"I ask this to all of you not only for myself but for other friends and family. I ask that no one here offer any speculation or opinions, theories or other things that could be construed as negative or, and I'm sorry for this, even sympathetic, right at this immediate time. I am already within hours of this having to deal with untrue rumors and speculation and that only adds fuel to that. There is a tendency for the subject of Kevin to incite flames on every board and now is not the time for that. I will explain to everyone here the facts and the truth in the next 24 to 48 hours as I realize this will effect us all. So please, until then, be patient. All details and other pertinate info will be passed on to you here when it becomes available to me.

Thank you."

Re: Kevin Dubrow, dead.

Wow.. That sucks....

RIP brother.
    1st metal band to reach #1.
    True legend and a true tragedy.

Give respect, because he deserves it.

Quiet Riot Bassist Chuck Wright has issued the following statement to Saviours of Rock

http://www.savioursofrock.com/interv...owTribute.html

Also a full tribute, including one of his very last interviews and concert reviews.

Man that really hit me when i got wind of this. i am not sure this is the propper place for this so you my delete it if you wish but I just wanted to say this to kevin :

OPEN LETTER TO KEVIN DUBROW

When I was a young teen the only music I listened to was marching band music and soundtracks until one day I saw the video “cum on feel the noise”, that awesome beat and your powerful vocals opened my eyes and ears and left me mesmerized. It ushered me into the world of heavy metal and thanks to you; your great music was and is a great strength in my darkest of times.
    I have suffered terribly from depression through the years and in 1988 I tried to end my life. I ended up in the hospital mental wing in a jacket strapped down to a mattress. I was isolated and alone and no one would listen, then something happened. I began to hear your voice in my head singing Bang Your Head and I saw the video running through my mind. I spent 3 days in complete lock down but in hearing the music of you and your band mates running in my mind I was able to find strength and pulled my self together. I would spend another 5 days in the mental wing listing to FM 100 a mellow music station that was played to keep all the patients calm. But in my mind I heard Quite Riot blazing away which helped my survive as I was never allowed to see any of my friends and family while I was in there.
    In the 90’s as the music industry went south on all us metal heads its was comforting to know you were still out there rocking away and did not abandoned us fans like many bands did. Thank you very much for your music and every thing you did, you will be missed very much, god bless you and your family and friends.

Rest in peace my friend

Very sad...........

djdaffy1227 is offline available on LP, CD and Cassette

I saw Quiet Riot twice. The first time I saw them I brought my album to be autographed. When the band left the stage (it was a small bar I saw them in) I went over to get signatures. Their body guards tried to shove me away but Kevin said "It's alright, I didn't even know anyone had records anymore". He was very nice to sign my record and actually talk to me. I have nothing but respect for him. I saw him again a few years later at another small bar and again, he and the rest of the band signed autographs.

This is very sad news.

you're dispicable!
    Did you get that thing I sent ya?
    I'm not who I was.
    founding father of the ove club

RIP

A few days after I got the news, I put together a tribute video to Dubrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Diofan View Post
    A few days after I got the news, I put together a tribute video to Dubrow.
    Dude, That was sweet!!! Nice job.

I was trippin' on how incredibly thin they all were back then.

Diofan, was that one picture you have about 2/3 the way through the video Bon Scott and Dubrow together?

A very nice and respectful fan tribute. Hat's off, dude.
    "Kiss me, I’m Canadian."
    Officially Stalking TX Sweet!
    Here kitty kitty, want some milk?
    Computer guru to 80’s Queen.
    Top Cat's Dream Man
    Chained Jenny C.to the bedpost.
    Victim of Dio’s secret “Zombie Project”

You can have it if you want it... but you gotta beg me for it first.

Quote Originally Posted by UechiJ View Post
    Dude, That was sweet!!! Nice job.

I was trippin' on how incredibly thin they all were back then.

Diofan, was that one picture you have about 2/3 the way through the video Bon Scott and Dubrow together?
    Not likely, Bon Scott died about 3 years before Metal Health was released. You are probably thinking of Paul Rodgers:

Quote Originally Posted by Tempest Frost View Post
    A very nice and respectful fan tribute. Hat's off, dude.
    Thanks! Glad you enjoyed them.

Not likely, Bon Scott died about 3 years before Metal Health was released. You are probably thinking of Paul Rodgers:

Dude you are good. That was exactly the pic I was talkin' about. Thanx

Quote Originally Posted by UechiJ View Post
    Dude you are good. That was exactly the pic I was talkin' about. Thanx
    Naw...I just figured that rodgers was the only guy who even remotely resembled Scott at that point of the video.

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed them.
    Hey! Long time no see B!!, yeah, it really hit alot of folks here in Vegas(inc. myself), very hard. Met Kevin a few years back while he was doing a morning show, and a friend and i went to a remote he was @, what a nice nice man. I've heard people refer to Kevin as the "godfather of hair metal", and I can't say I disagree. I was lucky enough to see QR in '84 or '85 in Detroit, with my friends Bobby, Chris, and Lou, as we were all HUGE hair metal heads back then. QR was playing, and I want to say White Lion opened for them, or it could've been Autograph, anyways, the whole show kicked major ass, and Kevin was just awesome the entire show. He kept interacting with the fans, and even put the mic in front of some hot chicks, who couldnt sing(who cares, they were smokin hot).
    He will be missed, RIP my friend.

*BUMP*

I look back on making that video. November was a particularly rough month for myself and Chooch. With Dubrow's Passing, one of the last enduring "Big metal acts" may be no more.

On January 14, 2008, drummer Frankie Banali issued the following statement regarding the end of Quiet Riot.

"I have been approached to see if I would be interested in contacting Rudy Sarzo and Carlos Cavazo and to audition singers for Quiet Riot. I have also been approached to see if I would be interested in contacting and reforming the version of Quiet Riot that included Paul Shortino, Carlos Cavazo and Sean McNabb. Let me make this very simple and perfectly clear. While I am still actively involved in the business interests of Quiet Riot and will continue in that capacity, I reject any and all suggestions to have Quiet Riot continue as a live performing entity. My friendship, love and respect for [late Quiet Riot singer] Kevin DuBrow as well as my personal love and affection for Kevin's mother and his family makes it inconceivable for me to ever entertain any ovation to reform or to continue Quiet Riot . Kevin was too important to go on without him. It would also be a disrespect to the fans who have supported Quiet Riot for nearly 25 years. I thank everyone for the wonderful and sometimes unpredictable adventure that I was able to share as a member of Quiet Riot . The only regret that I have is the loss of Kevin. May he rest in peace. I now begin life after Quiet Riot."

Keeper of the *New* 80sxchange Family Album
    My Facebook Profile
    Webmaster: DJ Daffy's Hott 80s website
    Host/DJ: Renegade Retro's Friday Night Flight something for everyone to enjoy!

Thread Information