Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
A Couple Good New Wave/Alternative Radio Stations/Shows

80s Forum: A Couple Good New Wave/Alternative Radio Stations/Shows

A Couple Good New Wave/Alternative Radio Stations/Shows

I'm not sure exactly where to put this thread, since there doesn't seem to be a seperate place for links. So feel free to move this thread.
    I listen to one radio station and a radio show. The radio is called, Flashback Alternatives, and they place New Wave, Alternative, Punk, Goth, Techno and other great Modern Rock genres. A friend turned me onto this station and I've made quite a few friends there. There are a few shows I listen to. I listen to An Alternative Universe, A Darker Shade of Retro, Radio 101 and Flashback Alternatives Friday Night Live. All shows start at 8pm EST and gets repeated at 2am EST the next morning. Come and join me in the tagboard.
    Also, I listen to this one show on WFDU, which is a college station from New Jersey. Every Saturday, from 6pm to 6am, they have a Modern Rock line up. The show I listen to is called, That Modern Rock Show hosted by my good friend, Ghosty. His show runs from 9pm to 1am EST. He plays Modern rock music of today and stuff from the past. And he's a very funny guy. So come and listen sometime.
    Molly

My Twitter
    My FriendFeed
    My Facebook
    Cyber Sis of Diofan and Chooch
    NOT So Secretly Stalking 80sTrivia
    Goth Music Fan
    Torchwood Fanatic
    THAT MODERN ROCK SHOW W/GHOSTY

Re: A Couple Good New Wave/Alternative Radio Stations/Shows

I have listened to Flashback Alternatives before and it's pretty good.

I am also a huge fan of Radio Nigel which plays New Waven and Alternative as well.

Sanctuary Radio is also another good station. I usually tune into the 80's section though and not the Darkwave station
    Brandon in Baltimore, MD

Hmm, I'll have to check those two out sometime.

Tonight at 8pm (replayed 2am EST Friday morning and 8am Sunday morning) is the 100th episode of A Darker Shade of Retro. Join DJFermedahyde and MsSynth as they play techno, electronica and the darker side of Alternative. It's a great show. Both DJF and MsSynth are great people.
    Molly

My Twitter
    My FriendFeed
    My Facebook
    Cyber Sis of Diofan and Chooch
    NOT So Secretly Stalking 80sTrivia
    Goth Music Fan
    Torchwood Fanatic
    THAT MODERN ROCK SHOW W/GHOSTY

djdaffy1227 is offline available on LP, CD and Cassette

I sometimes listen to Jedi Nation on www.emancipationradio.com Of course it's Prince related

you're dispicable!
    Did you get that thing I sent ya?
    I'm not who I was.
    founding father of the ove club

I do a live mixshow virtually every third Friday of the month and all Fridays in February (when I'm not moving) on Renegade Retro called Fusion which includes a mix of New Wave, Brit-Pop, Alternative and Electronica from the past three decades. The show includes tracks by artists such as Depeche Mode, Duran Duran, INXS, Talking Heads, New Order, Blur, Beck, Prodigy, The Cure, Book Of Love, The Crystal Method, Chemical Brothers, Front 242 etc.

The partner station for Renegade Retro, City Of Glass Radio has over 11,000 tracks in the playlist of Alternative Hits, Album Cuts and B-sides from yesteryear and today.
    DJ/Host of Retro Dance Party on Renegade Retro! Check site for schedule!
    Podcasts of shows and mixes on my Mixcloud site
    !

Thread Information