Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

One Hit Wonders defined by Country?

80s Forum: One Hit Wonders defined by Country?

One Hit Wonders defined by Country?

Did you know that Australian singer John Farnham is known as a one hit wonder in the UK for his 1987 single You're the Voice? Naturally, he had many hits in his native Australia, as well as several hits in other countries. Here's a brief discog of his hits in a few countries outside of Australia ...

You're the Voice (1987): UK # 6 | Holland #15 | Canada #12 | USA #82 (1990)
    Pressure Down (1987): UK # 78 | Holland (Bubbling under the Top 40) | Canada #70
    Age of Reason (1988): UK # 87 | Holland #28 | Canada #45
    Two Strong Hearts (1988): UK #80 | Canada #72
    That's Freedom (1991): Holland #38 | Canada #22
    In Days to Come / Chain Reaction (1991): Holland (Bubbling under the Top 40)

Re: One Hit Wonders defined by Country?

Remember the Danish group Laid Back? 'White Horse' was a one hit wonder in the US, but how well did they fare elsewhere? Here's a brief charting in the UK and North America ...

White Horse (1984): USA #26 | Canada #27 | UK #90
    Sunshine Reggae (1984): Canada #34
    White Horse '89 (1989): UK #81
    Bakerman (1990): UK #44

wavemaster is offline David Hasselhoff reunited Germany in '89

Sometimes it's pretty strange that some acts which charted multiple times in their native countries failed to repeat their success after that one hit elsewhere though they weren't really regarded as OHWs.

Or they blew it royally...one good example is Modern Talking which is by sales one of the most successful acts worldwide, but never managed to chart with their singles in the US and had only one rather minor hit in Canada with "Brother Louie" (#34 - it was a #1 in Germany, Sweden, Spain, Belgium, Finland, South Africa, the Lebanon, Israel and Hongkong and charted in the Top Ten in Austria, Switzerland, France, Norway and the UK).

Proud GERMAN member of the "OVE" Club

djdaffy1227 is offline available on LP, CD and Cassette

Interesting subject. Here are a couple of one hit wonders in the US that were much bigger elsewhere:

Dexy's Midnight Runners....They were big many many years before "Come on Eileen" but that was their only top 40 hit in the US.

Frankie Goes to Hollywood...They had the biggest selling single in the UK for the 80's with "Two tribes". "Two tribes" failed to crack the top 40 in the US, "Relax" would be their only hit.

We could go on and on with this. Great thread.

you're dispicable!
    Did you get that thing I sent ya?
    I'm not who I was.
    founding father of the ove club

Quote Originally Posted by djdaffy1227 View Post
    Interesting subject. Here are a couple of one hit wonders in the US that were much bigger elsewhere:
    Dexy's Midnight Runners....They were big many many years before "Come on Eileen" but that was their only top 40 hit in the US.
    Frankie Goes to Hollywood...They had the biggest selling single in the UK for the 80's with "Two tribes". "Two tribes" failed to crack the top 40 in the US, "Relax" would be their only hit.
    We could go on and on with this. Great thread.
    It is a shame that Frankie Goes to Hollywood never had other big hits in the US. The 'Welcome to the Pleasuredome' album was massive in their native UK ...

Relax (1984): UK #1 | Canada #11 | USA #67, USA #10 (1985 re-chart)
    Two Tribes (1984): UK #1 | Canada #9 | USA #43
    The Power of Love (1984): UK #1 | Canada #20
    Welcome to the Pleasuredome (1985): UK #2 | Canada #39 | USA #48
    Rage Hard (1986): UK #4 | Canada #82
    Warriors of the Wasteland (1986): UK #19
    Watching the Wildlife (1987): UK #28

wavemaster is offline David Hasselhoff reunited Germany in '89

See Nena...this band (before Nena Kerner went solo, it was the name of the band!) had a number of #1 and Top 20-hits in the German-language countries, but only "99 Red Balloons" which was recorded after the original version managed to reach #1 in Japan, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand and Canada went to #1 in the UK and #2 in the US.

And yes, I believe that she's still abstaining from shaving the hair under her armpits.

Proud GERMAN member of the "OVE" Club

Here's one that I am not sure qualifies .. In Canada, Jon and Vangelis topped the chart in 1981 with 'The Friends of Mr. Cairo'. It would be their only hit in Canada as a duo. Vangelis of course had other success on his own, and Jon Anderson had hits as a member of Yes and in the quartet 'Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman and Howe'

Best Austrian example for this thread would be Falco. He hit the Top Ten in Austria a zillion times and i guess he also hat some success in other german speaking countries. Rock me Amadeus was the only hit in the US. Does anyone know if he had other songs in the charts around the world?
    I'm a-happy Xchanger (the only one left )

Making Prefab Sprouter even more cheerful by stalking him.
    If Chasey moves even closer I can stalk him for real!
    Ultravox Lovin' Sista of Torchwood Fan

RetroFanGirl is offline Stuck in the 80's and refusing to budge.

How far did Vienna Calling go in the U.S?

According to Wikipedia: Vienna Calling went to #18 in the US, so Falco couldn't really be called a one-hit wonder in the US. Actually his version of Der Kommisar (the original) barely made the top 100 in the US, but it went to #1 in 6 countries, so Falco couldn't really be called a one-hit wonder anywhere.

Then again, Wikipedia is my source, the real experts here may be able to shed more light.
    nolanbuc - the Commish
    "Hijacking threads and beating dead horses since 2001"

World Fantasy Sports - Official Home of the World Fantasy Football League.

I'm with Buc, he is NOT a 1 hit wonder in the States. "Vienna Calling" was basically riding the success of "Roc me Amadeus" but it did crack the top 40.

you're dispicable!
    I'm not who I was.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzKid View Post
    Best Austrian example for this thread would be Falco. He hit the Top Ten in Austria a zillion times and i guess he also hat some success in other german speaking countries. Rock me Amadeus was the only hit in the US. Does anyone know if he had other songs in the charts around the world?
    Vienna Calling made #8 in the UK I believe, which was an excellent achievement. I also recall that 'The Sound Of Musik' charted as well later on in 1986.
    Stalker of TC and Jen
    Milani's partner in Crime
    Official supplier of Officially Crap UK music to DJDaffy
    Stalker of BrandyBlue

What an awesome thread. I wish I had something to add to it.
    I will say this though. "Two tribes" should have been a much bigger hit here in the states. It was a great song.
    Another Good Catholic girl
    Secret stalker of Tempest
    Star Trek freak
    Guardian of all things furry

I've got a question for the group...if an artist has 1 hit in a duet then 1 solo hit, are they still a one-hit wonder? Case in point: Marilyn Martin, who recorded "Seperate Lives" with Phil Collins, then parlayed that success into a #28 hit with "Night Moves" (a great rock-pop song BTW).

She had a killer voice, but never had another hit. So I ask, is she a one-hit wonder?
    nolanbuc - the Commish
    "Hijacking threads and beating dead horses since 2001"

World Fantasy Sports - Official Home of the World Fantasy Football League.

I would say she's a two hit wonder. That is just me. Great song BTW!!!

you're dispicable!
    I'm not who I was.

RetroFanGirl is offline Stuck in the 80's and refusing to budge.

Am I correct in saying Taco (Puttin' on the Ritz) was a one hit wonder?

Yes, he is. The follow-up, "Cheek To Cheek", failed to crack Hot 100.

Top kem trị sẹo của Nh*t thấp nhất 2020 – Kem trị sẹo kobayashi dạng gel/ cream

• Nh* sản xuất: Kobayashi, Nh*t Bản:
    • Quy cách: dạng kem, gel tuýp 15g
      • Sản phẩm th*ch hợp với: sẹo bỏng, sẹo lồi, sẹo thâm lâu năm, sẹo phì đại.

Kem l*m mờ sẹo của Kobayashi được sản xuất bởi doanh nghiệp Kobayashi Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd. dựa trên các cải tiến trong khoa học đương đại nhất mang lại hiệu quả v* đạt tiêu chuẩn an to*n cho người tiêu dùng. Thuốc được tiêu dùng đa dạng v* bán chạy tại thị trường nội địa Nh*t ….bởi phản hồi t*ch cực v* hiệu quả vượt b*c trong việc điều trị sẹo.

t*u trị sẹo Kobayashi h*ng hiệu ở đây

Nghiên cứu cho thấy, việc áp dụng kem bôi như l* một tương trợ cho tấm silicon tiếp tục cải thiện sự xuất hiện của các vết sẹo. Kem bội Kobayashi l* tổng hợp các th*nh phần hữu hiệu nhất trong kỹ thu*t bình phục v* l*m cho mờ sẹo.

Th*nh phần kem trị sẹo Kobayashi gồm

Kem trị sẹo Kobayashi có 23 th*nh phần, trong đó 10 chất chống oxy hóa, hai polypeptide, silicone v* thực v*t tự nhiện để cải thiện cosmesis sẹo.

Công dụng kem trị sẹo Kobayashi của Nh*t Bản
      • Kem trị sẹo Kobayashi từ Nh*t Bản giúp ngăn ngừa v* l*m mờ sẹo sau phẫu thu*t, sẹo bỏng, thu nhỏ các vết sẹo cũ, sẹo thâm, sẹo phì đại.
      • tương trợ cải thiện sự xuất hiện của những vết sẹo.
        • tái hiện l*n da, cho l*n da khỏe khoắn, ko để lại vết t*ch của sẹo.

Top kem trị sẹo của Nh*t tốt nhất 2020 – Kem trị sẹo của Scar Esthetique 60ml

Chỉ sau 6 – 8 tuần s* dụng bạn sẽ thấy rõ hiệu quả
        Theo nghiên cứu lâm s*ng, cũng như feedback của người dùng thì dùng kem xóa mờ sẹo Scar Esthetique h*ng ng*y đúng liệu trình sẽ giúp cải thiện m*u sắc, kết cấu v* sự mềm mại của sẹo chỉ sau 6 – 8 tuần dùng. Bởi vì :

Th*nh phần của Scar Esthetique chiết xuất ho*n to*n trong khoảng tự dưng, có công thức đột phá l*m cho sáng da, giảm thâm, cung ứng dưỡng chất để phục hồi lại l*n da bị sẹo trở về gần giống mang da bình thường nhất. Bất nhắc tuổi sẹo Scar Essthetique đều mang đến hiệu quả một mực.

- Đối có sẹo lồi, sẹo phì đại : Trong th*nh phần của Scar Esthetique 60ml ko đựng collagen nên sẽ hiệu quả hơn lúc h*i hòa mang Rejuvasil - sản phẩm trị sẹo cũng của dòng Scar Heal giúp giảm thâm sau điều trị.

Đánh giá thêm tại: http://forum.dmec.vn/index.php?threads/b%C3%AD-quy%E1%BA%BFt-ph%C3%A2n-bi%E1%BB%87t-kem-tr%E1%BB%8B-s%E1%BA%B9o-scar-estheitque-60ml-h%C3%A0ng-hi%E1%BB%87u-%C4%91%C6%A1n-thu%E1%BA%A7n-hi%E1%BB%87u-qu%E1%BA%A3.538019/

- Đối mang sẹo rỗ, sẹo lõm : Scar Esthetique cất th*nh phần Pycnogenol mang tác dụng tăng cường khả năng của các sợi collagen hiện với, kết hợp sở hữu th*nh phần Glucosamin – giúp nâng cao cường cấu trúc da, cùng mang những th*nh phần giảm thâm, khiến sáng da khác nên Scar Esthetique thu*n lợi đánh bay vết sẹo rỗ, sẹo lõm . ngo*i ra, thời gian điều trị cần kiên trì hơn.

Top kem trị sẹo của Nh*t phải chăng nhất 2020 – Kem trị sẹo của nh*t gentacin

Kem trị sẹo gentacin của Nh*t th*nh phần Genmaiskin: một mẫu kháng sinh tác dụng diệt khuẩn, kháng viêm, gom vết thương, l*m mờ vết sẹo sau 2-3 tuần dùng.
        • Sản xuất: Nh*t Bản
        • Quy cách: tuýp 10g
          • Sản phẩm phù hợp với: vết sẹo mưng mủ, chưa l*nh

Th*nh phần trị sẹo gentacin gồm

Genmaiskin – 1 kháng sinh, thuộc lực lượng aminoglycosid, mang tác dụng diệt khuẩn qua ức chế giai đoạn sinh tổng hợp protein của vi khuẩn v* chất phụ gia: axit benzoic, paraokinshi, propyl, parafin, vaseline trắng

đặc biệt của tuýp kem trị sẹo n*y l* với dạng gel, thấm nhanh sau khi bôi, không phải đem đến cảm giác nhờn r*t hay gì cả.

Công dụng kem trị sẹo gentacin như sau
          • Điều trị những vết sẹo lồi, lõm, vết bỏng dù nhẹ hay nặng đều được
          • khiến mờ vết sẹo sau phẫu thu*t, sẹo mổ lúc sinh, hiệu quả đến 85%
            • Thu hẹp sẹo cũ lâu năm, v* hỗ trợ l*m cho liền da, khiến cho đầy sẹo lõm, khi m* đấy, khiến cho dịu sẹo lồi
            • Kem trị sẹo Gentacin còn được s* dụng trong việc điều trị các mụn bọc, vết mụn sưng đỏ, sẹo thâm …
              • Th*nh phần kháng sinh Gentamicin Sunlffat có tác dụng diệt khuẩn nên có thể bôi sơ cứu vết thương, trống nhiễm trùng những vết thương do cắt, trầy xước, bỏng, mụn trứng cá
              • hỗ trợ v* đặc trị sẹo lồi, sẹo thâm do mụn, sẹo sau tai nạn, phẫu thu*t, sau lúc sinh v* tái tạo l*n da khỏe khoắn. trắng

** Giá tham khảo: 99k/ tuýp 10g

Top kem trị sẹo của Nh*t thấp nhất 2020 – Serum vitamin c melano cc rohto nh*t bản
              • Sản xuất: Rohto, Nh*t Bản
              • Sản phẩm th*ch hợp với: sẹo mụn, thâm mụn nhỏ ở mặt, da không đều m*u.

Tinh chất serum Vitamin C Melano l* sản phẩm thuộc chiếc sản phẩm trắng Melano của thương hiệu Rohto Nh*t, trọn bộ gồm có: ghẹ khoáng, lotion, mặt nạ giấy v* serum (l* sản phẩm mình đang nói tới trong b*i viết n*y. Trọn bộ mỹ phẩm CC Melano cụ thể như hình bên dưới.

Th*nh phần tinh chất serum vitamin C của Rohto gồm

Ascorbic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Thymol, Water, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ethoxydiglycol, Alpinia Katsumadai Seed Extract, Butylene Glycol, Disodium Edetate, Fragrance, Viscosity modifiers.

Th*nh phần Melano CC Essence khá l*nh t*nh có th*nh phần ch*nh l* Vitamin C, Vitamin E giúp dưỡng trắng, ngăn phòng ngừa quá trình oxy hóa v* dưỡng ẩm cho da. Duy trì dùng hằng ng*y sẽ ngăn dự phòng lão hóa, giúp da trẻ lâu. Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate giúp kháng viêm, chống dị ứng, ngăn ngừa mụn trở lại, giúp da săn chắc, khỏe mạnh.

Công dụng
              • phối hợp giữa vitamin C v* E giúp ngăn chặn sự phân phối melanin (tác nhân gây ra vết thâm nám, t*n nhang).
              • Ngăn phòng ngừa mụn, rôm sảy.
                • Giữ cho l*n da sạch, gi*u ẩm, khỏe mạnh.
                • l*m mờ vết sạm da, khiến cho mờ đốm nâu v* vết nám
                  • Chữa l*nh sẹo lõm hoặc tái hiện da sau giai đoạn bị mụn, tương trợ collagen, tạo độ đ*n hồi v* săn chắc cho da.
                  • Ức chế nâng cao tiết nhờn, se nhỏ lỗ chân lông. Ngăn phòng ngừa sự xuất hiện các nhân mụn mới.
                    • Điều trị da bị tổn thương do tác hại của ánh nắng.
                    • Giúp duy trì vẻ đẹp v* gia nâng cao tuần ho*n máu, lấy đi oxygen hoạt hóa, ngăn chặn lão hóa da
                      • Giữ da khỏe mạnh v* duy trì độ ẩm bỗng nhiên cho da.
                      • Nghiên cứu cho thấy Vitamin C Melano rẻ hơn 10% so có sản phẩm cộng loại bình thường khác.

cách s* dụng
                      • R*a mặt th*t sạch với sữa r*a mặt hoặc nước hoả hồng.
                      • Cho 1 lượng vừa phải Serum Vitamin C Melano CC Rohto ra lòng b*n tay (4-5 giọt).
                        • Chấm lên vùng mặt cần điều trị hoặc đông đảo khuôn mặt
                        • nếu như da bạn l* da khô hãy dùng melano cc moisture chuyên giữ ẩm cho da khô

với các sản phẩm trị sẹo của Nh*t m* healthmart.vn vừa san sẻ qua, kỳ vọng bạn đọc đã tìm được cho mình sản phẩm trị sẹo th*ch hợp có nhu cầu. Chúc bạn mau l*nh sẹo.

Scar esthetique cream l* sản phẩm h*ng đầu hiện tại được thầy thuốc chuyên khoa khuyên tiêu dùng để x* lý các vết sẹo sau phẫu thu*t, sẹo sau tổn thương da, hiệu quả ngay cả mang sẹo lồi lõm, thâm xì hay sẹo cũ lâu ng*y. Tác dụng vượt b*c của scar esthetique đến trong khoảng bộ đôi thảo dược chuẩn hóa du nh*p Pháp, được chứng minh xóa mờ sẹo rõ rệt lúc được pha chế h*i hòa trong điều kiện tiêu chuẩn riêng. đọc thêm tại: http://lumanager.net/threads/cach-phan-biet-kem-tri-seo-scar-estheitque-60ml-hang-hieu-don-gian-hieu-qua.57175/

Thread Information