Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

What the PFUnk is up with Prince?

80s Forum: What the PFUnk is up with Prince?

What the PFUnk is up with Prince?

Prince Fans United – March 2008 Update

March 13, 2008

Firstly and most importantly, we would like to apologise to all supporters of the PFU initiative for the phenomenal amount of time it's taken to provide an update. We felt it is now time to provide an update on progress to date and to explain some of the reasons for the delays in updating the site.
    Since the formation of Prince Fans United last November, we were immediately contacted by representatives of Prince and asked for assistance in resolving matters both short and long term. An immediate agreement was put in place (the terms of which we cannot discuss as per the agreement) in order to assist with focus on putting together a landmark agreement that would provide the basis for all artists to interact with their fans on the Internet. The whole team involved in the drafting of this agreement felt that this was a great chance for Prince to again demonstrate thought leadership and innovation with regards to fan interaction.
    A draft agreement was submitted to the NPG team some time ago which involved a great deal of work by not only the PFU team but also with the assistance of Web Sheriff who have constantly strived to understand and appreciate the concerns of both artist and fans alike.
    Unfortunately for reasons which are still unclear at this point in time, no response has been received from the NPG team other than multiple requests for patience and understanding. With the apparent withdrawal from the internet by Prince, the subsequent closure of all NPG websites, and online discussions to date we can only speculate as to the reasoning for this. We have seen discussion on multiple sites of Prince being against the very ethos of the Internet and and can only assume this is part of the rationale for this lack of progress.
    Subsequently, the PFU team have been attempting to liaise with AEG (Prince's touring representatives) to secure fan representation through priority booking for the upcoming tour dates and through online viewing of new videos and tour broadcasts. However, rather frustratingly these have been agreed to and then subsequently either withdrawn or again requests for patience have been offered with no success.
    At this point in time, we are continuing to request clarification from representatives of NPG Records of their aims, desires and demands for fan interaction on the internet, and aim to continue to represent fan's rights to openly discuss and support their favourite musician without fear of retribution of unfair legal action. The whole PFU team continue to support Prince's campaign to remove illegal content from the internet but believe that the removal of fan owned photographs and non Prince copyrighted material is not the way forward.
    It now appears that the legal threats sent to each member site in November have been suspended, however we have yet to receive any formal notification that Prince fans will not see further unjustified legal action. The Prince Fans United initiative will remain in place until those concerns have been satisfied and the reasonable request for a long lasting agreement can be put in place.
    Many thanks again for your patience and your continued support.

Gavin McLaughlin
    on behalf of Prince Fans United

I’m sorry, maybe I’m just naive but I don’t see what all the fuss is about. Hey Dan, as our reigning Prince freak (I mean that in a good way) do you have any idea as to what the Purple One might be so pissed about?
    "Kiss me, I’m Canadian."
    Officially Stalking TX Sweet!
    Here kitty kitty, want some milk?
    Computer guru to 80’s Queen.
    Top Cat's Dream Man
    Chained Jenny C.to the bedpost.
    Victim of Dio’s secret “Zombie Project”

You can have it if you want it... but you gotta beg me for it first.

Re: What the PFUnk is up with Prince?

I have no clue. This is the first I've heard about it. Guess I'm living in the dark ages. LOL.

djdaffy1227 is offline available on LP, CD and Cassette

This has been going on for awhile. Prince doesn't want his copy righted music on the web or on Youtube and the like. He has been trying to sue the fansites, two of them which I am a member. He doesn't like that we talk about bootlegs and post pictures from concerts. When you go to www.housequake.com or www.prince.org you can find PFU (Prince fans united). Three of the major fan sites have banded together to fight his lawyers. The song "PFUnk" was Prince's reply to PFU. What a great FUNKY song!!! Probably the best song in quite sometime. It was available on the PFU website.

you're dispicable!
    Did you get that thing I sent ya?
    I'm not who I was.
    founding father of the ove club

I can understand wanting to protect your music but to sue your fans??? Isn't there a better way? Musicians should be grateful, It is the fans who make their extravagant lifestyle possible. With no fans you are just another contestant on American Idol.

Caligula's bestest friend.
    Hey Triv, you can dance..for inspiration..
    Stalkee of chasey.
    One of DJ's favorites
    Secretly admiring Retrobaby....shhh
    Mischief brewer with TX

MY SPACE
    Facebook

~Fight over the clouds, over earth, over canyon
    They fight for our love, for our blood, over heaven,
    Fight over love, over sun,
    over nothing, they fight till they die,
    and for what? For their lives ending.~

Thumbs up Re: What the PFUnk is up with Prince?

Quote Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
    I can understand wanting to protect your music but to sue your fans??? Isn't there a better way? Musicians should be grateful, It is the fans who make their extravagant lifestyle possible. With no fans you are just another contestant on American Idol.
    My feelings, exactly.
    Thank You for Being a Friend: A Golden Girls Trivia Book
    The Totally Awesome 80s TV Trivia Book!

Official Stalker of the Amazing & Wonderful jen*!!!
    Openly Stalking Torchwood Fan!!!
    Thrilled to Have Our Beloved Xchange Back Again!

Quote Originally Posted by djdaffy1227 View Post
    This has been going on for awhile. Prince doesn't want his copy righted music on the web or on Youtube and the like. He has been trying to sue the fansites, two of them which I am a member. He doesn't like that we talk about bootlegs and post pictures from concerts. When you go to www.housequake.com or www.prince.org you can find PFU (Prince fans united). Three of the major fan sites have banded together to fight his lawyers. The song "PFUnk" was Prince's reply to PFU. What a great FUNKY song!!! Probably the best song in quite sometime. It was available on the PFU website.

I can understand him wanting to protect his copyrighted material but in the suit he also states that he doesn’t even want to see photos of Prince Tattoos that fans have or license plates that say Prince or something to that affect. He’s asking for a ban on things that he doesn’t even own! But I gotta agree with ya Dan, that song on the PFU site totally smokes! He really is a musical genius… too bad he’s such a shmuck!
    "Kiss me, I’m Canadian."
    Top Cat's Dream Man

UPDATE:

Since I don’t want Prince or his lawyers knockin’ on my door, I’ll provide ya’ll with the links… JUST THE LINKS, Prince - To both the song and the lyrics. The lyrics are clearly meant to be a one sided slap in the face to all Prince Fans and fan sites involved in the current mishugina. He makes no apologies for his disrespect towards fans that have followed and supported his career for over 30 years. The only really sad part is that… well, damn; that new song is awesome! Better than any one off the new album. I’m so ashamed.

The song - http://www.princefansunited.com/

The Lyrics - http://prince.org/msg/7/251688

P.S. The FULL lyrics are listed on one of the posts farther down from the first one with lyrics.

"May U live 2 see the dawn."
    Last edited by Tempest Frost; 3-22-08 at 03:22 PM.
    "Kiss me, I’m Canadian."
    Top Cat's Dream Man

What an awesome song!!! It's really great. It's just a shame he's being such a jerk about all this. You just don't do that to the people who have supported you and made you what you are.

Prince is just one never-ending soap opera....unreal!
    Stalker of TC and Jen
    Milani's partner in Crime
    Official supplier of Officially Crap UK music to DJDaffy
    Stalker of BrandyBlue

Thread Information