Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Judas Update

80s Forum: Judas Update

Thread: Judas Update

Judas Update

http://www.judaspriest.com/ For artwork(tried to insert the link for image but couldn't get it to work)

JUDAS PRIEST's official website has been updated with a preview of the artwork from the band's upcoming new album, Nostradamus. According to German mail-order site EMP, the album will be released in Germany on June 13th as a regular CD and Deluxe Edition CD via Sony/BMG. A North American release date is expected on June 17th.

Guitarist K.K. Downing told BW&BK recently that the album - based on the life and predictions of 16th-century French prophet Nostradamus - will contain "18 songs clocking in at over an hour and a half."

In a separate interview with BW&BK, frontman Rob Halford added: "We're treating this like it's the holy grail of heavy metal. We're so protective about it - which you have to be - because I think that one of the intriguing things about creating anything - whether it be writing a book or making a move - the less you say about something, the more people want to know about it. And we don't need to hype it up, it's internal. The metal fans around the world have great expectations for this record. They know we're not going to drop the ball. They know we're going to give everybody something that's fantastic and top quality. And that's what it should be after 35 years."

Re: Judas Update

JUDAS PRIEST - Second Nostradamus Signing Session Announced
    Posted on Saturday, April 26, 2008 at 17:06:13 EST

With anticipation building towards the June 17th release date of JUDAS PRIEST's double-disc concept album, Nostradamus (and forthcoming Metal Masters tour), three band members - singer Rob Halford and guitarists Glenn Tipton and KK Downing - will participate in another in-store signing - the first in over two decades. On Thursday, May 8, the legends will be at Hot Topic at the Plaza at King of Prussia (in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania). The Hot Topic signing begins at 6:00 p.m., and will be limited to 500 people (on a first-come, first-served basis). In order to receive a wristband, fans must pre-order Nostradamus or purchase any Judas Priest CD or t-shirt in the store, beginning May 2. Fans will also receive a free poster. The band will sign one item per customer - no guitars, please. For more information about the Hot Topic signing, call (610) 265-6610.

As previously reported, the three "metal gods" will sign autographs on Friday, May 9 at Vintage Vinyl (in Woodbridge, New Jersey). The Vintage Vinyl signing also begins at 6pm, and again, will be limited to the first 500 fans. Fans will be able to pre-order Nostradamus (regular or deluxe version), and will receive a wristband that gets them access to this exclusive event. They will also receive a poster, which they can get signed by Rob, Glenn and KK. The guys will only be signing one item per customer - again, no guitars please - and there will be one wristband per customer. For more information about the Vintage Vinyl signing, call (732) 225-7717.

"The Nostradamus album - above all others - is perhaps the one I'm most proud of," says Glenn Tipton. "Whilst in essence and character still very much Judas Priest, it has afforded the opportunity to explore areas of classical and operatic dimensions that the band normally wouldn't. As a guitarist and writer it has inspired me to greater heights and opened new doors to intrigue and passion. From start to finish it will take you through a magical experience filled with light, shade, drama, melody and emotion, that reflects this unique man and his life. Why did we choose Nostradamus? We didn't - he chose us. We feel it was meant to be!"

For more information, visit www.judaspriest.com.

The title track to Judas Priest's 'Nostradamus' is currently streaming on BW&BK KnuckleTracks Audio Player - head to the left-hand-side of BraveWords.com to listen.

Check out youtube and type in judas priest nostradamus in the search box for the new song.

This is rockin

Awesome! This sounds REALLY great! Something about it feels a little Iron Maiden, though.. Am I the only one who hears that?

Actually it sounds more like "Defenders of the Faith" era Priest in the main riff...while the beginnig has a "Sad Wings of Destiny" sound an the drums have that "Painkiller" feel.

It's all Priest to me.

Me & Taz have our tickets already...August 10th at Jones Beach.

Jones Beach. Wow, it's been decades since I've been there.. THAT is going to be a KILLER show! Who's opening for them?

Sounds good & the album is actually about a very interesting man!!

"Good" Catholic Girl, Vampire Queen
    Forever Stalkee/ing Princess of Tempest Frost (who's stalking who?!?!)
    Actively stalking Diofan and my dear DJDaffy!!
    Sweetest with WOWthe80s (NO, we AREN'T gay!!!)
    Top Cat's Partner in Crime!
    Corrupting Torchwood ... and anyone else I can brainwash!!!
    No more secrets but I still have a naughty side!!
    BlackDragon's everything HAWT!!

Live through feeling and you will live through love. For feeling is the language of the soul, and feeling is truth. -- Matt Zotti

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano View Post
    Jones Beach. Wow, it's been decades since I've been there.. THAT is going to be a KILLER show! Who's opening for them?
    You better sit down bro....

The lineup on this tour is Testament, Motorhead, Heaven & Hell (Black Sabbath w/Dio on vocals) and Priest.

My Goodness! Alan - this sounds more like the kind of 80s comeback that YOU and I are into.. The first comeback was hairmetal/glamrock. THIS is a Heavy Metal comeback!

Yes it is....and me & Taz have orchestra seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    Yes it is....and me & Taz have orchestra seats.
    Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Likes it when they just stand there & don't say anything!
    Proud Bad Girl Sistah

Another Single... "Visions"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akGcuXdUSIo

Thread Information