Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Yazoo reunion tour

80s Forum: Yazoo reunion tour

Yazoo reunion tour

From http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080422/...M7qP9eq7aVEhkF
    LONDON (Billboard) - For Alison Moyet, the upcoming Yazoo reunion tour represents a chance to complete some unfinished business.

Although the British singer has carved out a hugely successful career as a solo artist since parting ways with her Yazoo protagonist Vince Clarke in the early 1980s, Moyet says she has always hankered to play the duo's electro-driven pop hits on stage.

"I wanted to do it, and never stopped wanting to do it," she tells Billboard. "If it had been one gig, it would have been good. I just wanted to do it."

As it turns out, the public wanted more than one gig. The duo's Reconnected tour itinerary has grown significantly since it was first announced last year. It will now begin May 26 in Copenhagen and proceed to Europe, the United Kingdom and the United States.

"I don't know how much of a window we'll be able to get in that kind of time," Moyet says of potential additional dates. "And I don't know how long that window's going to stay open for. We've had some really interesting things we've had to turn down just because of logistics. I like to not know things too far in advance because I get cabin fever."

Yazoo (or Yaz as they are known in the U.S.) enjoyed a brief, but fruitful recording career, which yielded just two albums. Both sets, "Upstairs at Eric's" and "You and Me Both," were commercial and critical successes, and generated a raft of hit singles including "Only You" and "Don't Go," plus the U.K. chart-topper "You and Me Both."

Next month, "In Your Room," a four-disc collection of remasters, remixes, B-sides, a DVD and the band's two studio albums will hit stores. Would Moyet consider recording new material?

"I hate the idea of just making a record because we can," she says. "It would have to be if when we were together and sparking creatively and we get some great ideas, we would consider it. There's absolutely no set-in-stone plan. But if we wrote a brilliant song while we were half-pissed after a gig, then that'd be fantastic. But if we don't, then f--k it."

Re: Yazoo reunion tour

So many 80s bands are reuniting lately. Yazoo should join the "Regenration tour" with the other bands. What a blast!

Whoohoo!!!!!
    Yeah, so many 80s bands are reuniting. Who's next to reunite? I know Bauhaus almost went on tour after they made their album, but sadly, because of the fighting going on, they disbanded.
    Molly

My Twitter
    My FriendFeed
    My Facebook
    Cyber Sis of Diofan and Chooch
    NOT So Secretly Stalking 80sTrivia
    Goth Music Fan
    Torchwood Fanatic
    THAT MODERN ROCK SHOW W/GHOSTY

How awesome that would be if they could stay together.
    It's so cool to see so many 80s bands reuniting.
    Another Good Catholic girl
    Secret stalker of Tempest
    Star Trek freak
    Guardian of all things furry

I love Yaz and Alison Moyet is amazing! So glad to hear that they are reuniting again. What does this mean for Erasure, though, if Vince is touring with Yaz?
    Thank You for Being a Friend: A Golden Girls Trivia Book
    The Totally Awesome 80s TV Trivia Book!

Official Stalker of the Amazing & Wonderful jen*!!!
    Openly Stalking Torchwood Fan!!!
    Thrilled to Have Our Beloved Xchange Back Again!

I don't think Yaz touring would do anything to Erasure -- Allison Moyet still puts out her solo projects... this is probably only temporary for a few ha-has

www.revengeofthe80sradio.com

Thread Information