Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
About Time!

80s Forum: About Time!

Thread: About Time!

About Time!

YESSS!!!

AC/DC To Launch Tour On Halloween
    Posted on Tuesday, July 29, 2008 at 15:53:08 EST

HardDrive Radio are reporting that AC/DC's upcoming 18-month world tour will kick off on Halloween (October 31st) in Chicago. Stay tuned for further confirmation.

Billboard recently confirmed that news of AC/DC's 18-month world tour was confirmed by Creative Artists Agency managing partner Rob Light during a touring panel on July 28th at the 83rd annual IAAM conference and trade show in Anaheim, CA.

Light didn't reveal further details about the trek, which will come in support of AC/DC's upcoming Wal-Mart exclusive release. A single is expected to hit radio in August.

AC/DC's forthcoming album will in fact be called Black Ice. It will be released on October 27th. The new single, 'Runaway Train', will be released in late August. Black Ice is AC/DCís first studio album in eight years. It was recorded in Canada at Bryan Adamsí studio under the production guidance of Brendan OíBrien. It will be the bandís 15th studio album. Their last album was Stiff Upper Lip in 2000 but the band maintained a profile with DVD.

Re: About Time!

Got to forward this to my friend. He loves AC/DC.

Caligula's bestest friend.
    Hey Triv, you can dance..for inspiration..
    Stalkee of chasey.
    One of DJ's favorites
    Secretly admiring Retrobaby....shhh
    Mischief brewer with TX

MY SPACE
    Facebook

~Fight over the clouds, over earth, over canyon
    They fight for our love, for our blood, over heaven,
    Fight over love, over sun,
    over nothing, they fight till they die,
    and for what? For their lives ending.~

Thumbs up Re: About Time!

Thanks for the info!!

Cool!
    I'll be interested to hear what they're doing now.
    Another Good Catholic girl
    Secret stalker of Tempest
    Star Trek freak
    Guardian of all things furry

Exclusive: Producer Mike Fraser Talks To BW&BK About New AC/DC Album - ďI Think Itís Back More In The Direction Of The Razorís EdgeĒ
    Posted on Friday, September 05, 2008 at 19:32:32 EST

Special report by "Metal" Tim Henderson:

BW&BK had the opportunity recently to speak to a true icon in the Canadian music business, one that ďhangs outĒ in circles we can only dream of, populated by the likes of METALLICA, JIMMY PAGE, AEROSMITH, VAN HALEN, RUSH, WHITESNAKE, MOTLEY CRUE and THE CULT. Well, maybe not actually hanging out, but his magical hands have been on the boards, mixing, mastering and producing these giants. And thatís just the hard rock/heavy metal portion of his career. Some of his recent clients include ELVIS COSTELLO and NORAH JONES. And we canít forget some of his Canadian content - LOVERBOY, KIM MITCHELL, TOM COCHRANE, CHILLIWACK and of course BRYAN ADAMSí monster, Reckless.

At this juncture, Vancouver-based Mike Fraser - who calls home Warehouse Studio - is being talked about in AC/DC circles, as heís one of the masterminds behind the sonics of the Aussie bandís more than eagerly anticipated new album, Black Ice, due out on October 20th. You may recall heís worked with the boys before on 2000ís Stiff Upper Lip, 1995ís Ballbreaker and 1990ís The Razorís Edge, as well as having remastered the bandís entire catalog in 2003.

Here are a few excerpts from the chat - more will be online soon!

BW&BK: Itís been pretty quiet in the AC/DC camp since the spring. As news slowly trickles out to the masses, how far into this process are you?
    Fraser: ďWell, Black Ice has been done since April. So itís been sitting there waiting to hit the airwaves since then.Ē

BW&BK: How much pressure is there knowing that Black Ice is easily one of the most anticipated rock/hard rock records over the past few years? Do you guys feel it inside?
    Fraser: ďOh sure, I do. Iím not sure if the band does. They are pretty low-key, easy-going guys. They donít think about any of this kind of stuff. They just come in and get it done. As Malcolm (Young) says, when they are writing songs, if you can thump your foot to it, itís worth a go. I donít think they think in terms of that. For sure Brendan (OíBrien) and I did. Itís been nine years since Stiff Upper Lip and at one point there I was thinking, is there ever going to be another AC/DC record, because thatís a long time. Finally they gave me a call. We started March 3rd on the record and I was like, ĎSomebody pinch me; weíre actually sitting here listening to new AC/DC!íĒ

BW&BK: Is there any particular reason for the nine years? You take a look at any number of high profile artists - it may be years between records due to touring commitments, label delays, marketing set-up etc. But why did it take nearly a decade to return?
    Fraser: ďI think itís a combination of things, and youíre right, so much of the world has opened up for touring, they are often out on the road for three years almost solid. So thatís gotta take a pretty heavy toll on things, including your personal lives. And once theyíre done with that, they want to take some time off. Time seems to go fast - they probably took a couple of years until they started writing again. I know the writing process for this took quite a while. They have a little studio in London, so Malcolm and Angus (Young) are holed up there for quite a while, sitting there going through ideas. At one point Malcolm had told me that they had about 60 or 70 song ideas on the back-burner. Then they had to sort through all those and pick the best ones. I think they took their time on this - they arenít in any rush. Iím sure the world is waiting for AC/DC, but they donít necessarily need to be making more money! Iím sure they have everything they want and theyíve sorta Ďbeen-there-done-thatí several times. So where is the inspiration to get out there? I know they love playing and they love getting out in front of people, but really, whatís their rush? They like to wait until itís right. And now was the time it felt right... ĎLetís go do it.íĒ

BW&BK: Over the past week, the entire world has only heard the first single. Youíve been listening to and building this record for almost half a year! What is your opinion? Obviously you are a fan and youíve leaned pretty heavy music-wise in your career. And AC/DC must rank pretty high as one of your favourites with all the work youíve done with them in the past.
    Fraser: ďI think itís back more in the direction of The Razorís Edge. The band only does records that they want to do, and what theyíre into. For instance, on Stiff Upper Lip, what they wanted was a really dry, bluesy-type record - not so rip in your face rock. And thatís what they did and delivered. This one they wanted to kick it up another notch and rock. And I would say as a fan, itís back towards The Razorís Edge era, a little bit more up-tempo stuff.Ē

BW&BK (joking): Arenít these guys too old to be up-tempo?!
    Fraser: ď(Laughs) You tell them that! They are never going to get back to that Flick Of The Switch or High Voltage sound, because they arenít the 20-year-old kids anymore either. Your whole persona kind of changes. How do you write about getting laid and drunk every night if youíre not doing it, if you know what I mean (laughs). There are a lot of bands that have been around for a while, and I think they have a harder and harder time to stay street-connected with the kids, when you arenít really a kid yourself. I have kids that are teenagers now, but I keep in the loop through them, and not through my own personal experiences anymore. I think a band that has such a long life like ĎDC, Metallica, Aerosmith, itís really hard to keep coming up with those cool things that are now going to connect with kids that could almost be your grandkids.Ē

BW&BK: Very few bands can say they have such a wide demographic...
    Fraser: ďThe cool thing about AC/DC - everybody has got their genre of music that they love, but no matter what genre you are talking about, everybody loves AC/DC. They seem to cross over so many boundaries. You go to their shows and you see grandparents with dusted-off leather jackets and they are there with their grandkids in leather jackets. Itís just amazing that they appeal to such a broad range of people. Itís a testament to their hard work.Ē

Better be ready to get your tickets fast. This is happening all over. Just secured mine today...this should be an awesome concert!

AC/DC Fanatics Angered By Ticket Sales In BC
    Posted on Saturday, September 20, 2008 at 12:06:54 EST

According to Princegeorgecitizen.com, almost 20 local residents who had hoped to charter a plane from Prince George to Vancouver in November to see AC/DC had their plans short-circuited Friday when the concert sold out in less than a minute.

A few of the 19 fans of the Aussie rockers, with hits such as 'Highway To Hell' and 'Back In Black', tried to buy tickets when they went on sale at 10 a.m., but were zapped by 10:01 when the sold out sign went up for the $100 tickets for the Nov. 28 show at GM Place.

"We had five computers set for 10 a.m.," said Krista Vocal, noting a four-ticket limit per person. "How is it possible you can sell out in one minute? I thought Ticketmaster was the only one who sold tickets?"

Ticketmaster did not return calls.

One of Vocal's friends even paid $40 to join the AC/DC fan club, which allows "special access to two tickets in the fan club on-sale that occurs with the start of ticket sales, but does not guarantee you tickets should our allotment sell out," as stated on the band's website.
    The latter turned out to be the case.
    The Ticketmaster Web site offers a second option through Ticket Exchange, an online auction site. The catch -- prices exceeded $700 and $800 for a pair of tickets.
    Vocal said one person in the group was able to buy four $100 tickets through Ticketmaster and two others managed to find $250 tickets from ShowTimeTickets.com, where private sale prices exceed $1,000 for front row seats. Another eight people paid $295 later in the day from ShowTime "because they were the only place available," Vocal said.
    Despite the expense of purchasing tickets, Vocal and company might still decide to charter a plane, which costs $5,100, but is nevertheless collectively cheaper than all of them buying commercial seats.

Thread Information