Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Yes To Reform Minus a Few Members

80s Forum: Yes To Reform Minus a Few Members

Yes To Reform Minus a Few Members

*From undercover.com.au:

Yes To Howe, Squire and White But No To Anderson and Wakeman
    by Paul Cashmere - September 14 2008

Yes has reformed for a US tour with a few adjustments. Lead singer Jon Anderson has been replaced by Yes covers band singer Benoit David, while Rick Wakeman’s place at the keyboards has been taken over by his son Oliver.

Guitarist Steve Howe, bass player Chris Squire and drummer Alan White will take the new show on the road from November 4th in Hamilton, Ontario.

Yes had plans to tour this year with Anderson for the 40th anniversary of the band but Jon suffered a severe asthma attack and was diagnosed with acute respiratory failure.

"This isn't an attempt to replace Jon Anderson, because as we all know, that would be impossible,” Squire said in a statement. “With Benoit, we are bringing in a talented singer so that we can go out and honor the music of Yes for the fans who have waited for the past four years to see us perform."

Yes discovered David after searching Yes cover bands on YouTube. Boston discovered their new lead last year exactly the same way. Benoit David should not be confused for David Benoit, the Grammy nominated pianist, composer and conductor.

The original 40th Anniversary Tour was cancelled in June.

“In the wake of my recent respiratory attack, doctors have advised me to spend the coming months resting and recovering,” Jon Anderson said. “Unfortunately, this means I won't be able to tour with Yes this summer as originally planned. I'd like everyone to know how deeply disappointed I am by this turn of events. I was looking forward to celebrating our music with the amazing family of Yes fans once again; but as we all know, health must come before anything else. Wishing you all the very best...”

“We were all looking forward to performing for our fans after a prolonged leave of absence from touring,” commented Chris Squire. “I am especially regretful of the fact that I know many of our fans and friends have probably laid out non-refundable airfares and hotels, etc. in order to enjoy the Yes shows this summer. Please join me in wishing Jon a speedy return to health, which at this point in time is our main concern.”

Re: Yes To Reform Minus a Few Members

I'm sorry, Yes isn't Yws without Jon Anderson. I know in the early 80s Trevor Horn took over as lead singer, and he was okay, but Yes isn't the same without Jon as lead.
    Molly

My Twitter
    My FriendFeed
    My Facebook
    Cyber Sis of Diofan and Chooch
    NOT So Secretly Stalking 80sTrivia
    Goth Music Fan
    Torchwood Fanatic
    THAT MODERN ROCK SHOW W/GHOSTY

Re: Yes To Reform Minus a Few Members

Oh I agree wholeheartedly. Without John and Rick, well, it's just not Yes.
    Another Good Catholic girl
    Secret stalker of Tempest
    Star Trek freak
    Guardian of all things furry

Quote Originally Posted by 80s Queen View Post
    Oh I agree wholeheartedly. Without John and Rick, well, it's just not Yes.
    uppp cho bác nhiều view nha

Thread Information