Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Twilight

80s Forum: Twilight
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Twilight

Twilight

Ok...my son's g/f got me hooked on the books, so I had to go see the movie. I wasn't completely disappointed. Huge CHEESE factor, but it was fairly good. Followed the book pretty closely. If you have a pre-teen girl or just girl's night, you might enjoy this movie.

Re: Twilight

In other words, avoid it like HIV.
    "A wise and frugal Government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor and bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government" - Thomas Jefferson.

High School Vampire Musical.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixx chick View Post
    Ok...my son's g/f got me hooked on the books, so I had to go see the movie. I wasn't completely disappointed. Huge CHEESE factor, but it was fairly good. Followed the book pretty closely. If you have a pre-teen girl or just girl's night, you might enjoy this movie.
    I really enjoyed the books.. been waiting on an honest review of the movie.. Looks like I'll be seeing it.
    ~*uuɐloɹɐɔ~*
    Stalked by the fantabulos Prefab Sprouter
    Partners in Crime with Annette
    Proud member of the metal chick posse
    Member of the Xchange Badgirl club!
    Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a car that you are still paying for - in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.
    ~ Ellen Goodman

Trekkin By Harket..

Boston Bruins

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    High School Vampire Musical.

But there's no singing!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sixx chick View Post
    But there's no singing!!!!
    No...but it plays to the same demographic.

Ok...you got me there. So how do you know so much about High School Musical??? Closet fan???

I'm a Disney freak hun, you know that!

Actually, I was forced to watch it when my nephew was in a production of it in his high school, and last time I went to Disneyworld you couldn't swing a dead cat around by the tail without hitting something that pertained to it!

Oh, yeah...Duh to me. Same at Disneyland. My daughter is a huge High School Musical Fan...So...everytime it's on...my tv automatically goes to it.

Hahah is it embarassing to admit that I love High School Musical, and saw the third one in the theaters? They are fun and cheesy...and a nice alternative from the doom and gloom of the world news lately!

I've read the first three Twilight books and am plowing through the 750-page last book in the series...but I've got to say the last one is by far the worst and takes the series in a strange direction that I'm not liking at all.

I've heard pretty mixed reviews about the movie, but I'm sure I will see it anyway!
    Always an 80's girl! // I Sold My Soul To Rock 'N Roll // Don't Let Real Rock Die
    Stalkee of Ted Nugent!
    Stalker of the charming and sweet Guancho!
    Adopted by Pagan!
    Dad - I love you now & always. 1945 - 2002...RIP
    If wantin' the good life is such a crime...Lord, then put me away!
    - Poison, "Nothing But A Good Time"
    My teachers didn't like me
    They always tried to put me down
    'Cause I wore my hair too long
    I played my music way too loud
    - Bon Jovi, "Blame It On The Love Of Rock 'N Roll"

Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    Hahah is it embarassing to admit that I love High School Musical, and saw the third one in the theaters? They are fun and cheesy...and a nice alternative from the doom and gloom of the world news lately!

I've read the first three Twilight books and am plowing through the 750-page last book in the series...but I've got to say the last one is by far the worst and takes the series in a strange direction that I'm not liking at all.

I've heard pretty mixed reviews about the movie, but I'm sure I will see it anyway!

I agree about the last book. Horrible! I see where she TRIEd to go with it. Failed miserably.
    ~*uuɐloɹɐɔ~*
    Stalked by the fantabulos Prefab Sprouter
    Partners in Crime with Annette
    Proud member of the metal chick posse
    Member of the Xchange Badgirl club!
    Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a car that you are still paying for - in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.
    ~ Ellen Goodman

Trekkin By Harket..

Boston Bruins

I had to go to the theatre to see High School Musical III with my step daughter but she made me sit away from her , I looked really creepy in there being a middle aged man sitting by himself.... so I left and snuck into Body of Lies
    Topcats Buddy
    Bogie' Arch Nemesis

Quote Originally Posted by Slayergrrl View Post
    I agree about the last book. Horrible! I see where she TRIEd to go with it. Failed miserably.
    I agree about the 4th book. Took me FOREVER to get through. I was very disappointed in it...

As an adult i enjoyed the movie. I liked the whole angsty forbidden love, i hate you but i can't stay away deal. I wouldn't even bother trying to read
    the books. The movie soundtrack is quite good though, i have been listening to it a fair bit lately.
    Sometimes, HE comes back...

Recker is offline Reminiscing about the 80s... xchange

I loved this movie. Thought it was the best vampire flick since "Interview with a Vampire". If it's a chick flick then it's a pretty damn good one IMO and I've never come across a good chick flick yet.

I will definatley go and see it as i read it as well. But first i have to get rid of that stupid cough otherwise the whole theatre will hate me!
    I'm a-happy Xchanger (the only one left )

Making Prefab Sprouter even more cheerful by stalking him.
    If Chasey moves even closer I can stalk him for real!
    Ultravox Lovin' Sista of Torchwood Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Recker View Post
    I loved this movie. Thought it was the best vampire flick since "Interview with a Vampire". If it's a chick flick then it's a pretty damn good one IMO and I've never come across a good chick flick yet.
    You really need to see "30 Days of Night" ASAP then, bro.

Or even any of the "Underworld" movies.

I read all of the Twilight books and enjoyed them. The movie "Twilight" could have been better. They took out too many key parts that the book touches on.

So I did end up seeing the movie "Twilight". Nothing to write home about, it was OK I suppose.

After I finished the last book in the series, I think it kind of soured my opinion of the whole series. The last book was poorly written. I honestly think at least 100-200 pages of the book could have been cut out and no one would have noticed! The plot was completely ridiculous.
    Always an 80's girl! // I Sold My Soul To Rock 'N Roll // Don't Let Real Rock Die
    Stalkee of Ted Nugent!
    Stalker of the charming and sweet Guancho!
    Adopted by Pagan!
    Dad - I love you now & always. 1945 - 2002...RIP
    If wantin' the good life is such a crime...Lord, then put me away!
    - Poison, "Nothing But A Good Time"
    My teachers didn't like me
    They always tried to put me down
    'Cause I wore my hair too long
    I played my music way too loud
    - Bon Jovi, "Blame It On The Love Of Rock 'N Roll"

So I did end up seeing the movie "Twilight". Nothing to write home about, it was OK I suppose. After I finished the last book in the series, I think it kind of soured my opinion of the whole series. The last book was poorly written. I honestly think at least 100-200 pages of the book could have been cut out and no one would have noticed! The plot was completely ridiculous.
    Công ty TNHH SX – TM Hùng Phát chuyên cung cấp bom hoa tien k*nh chúc bạn buôn may bán đắt !

Công ty TNHH SX – TM Hùng Phát
    Hotline: 0938 344 566
    Web site may bom nuoc gieng : hupa.com.vn
    Địa chỉ : Lô J19 đường số 6 khu công nghiệp Hải Sơn xã Đức Hòa huyện Đức Hòa Long An

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information