Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
So ya Wanna make a youtube Video...

80s Forum: So ya Wanna make a youtube Video...

So ya Wanna make a youtube Video...

Many of you have seen my video creativity on Youtube. Well, I'm gonna show you how I do it. All programs are either Freeware or come with windows from Me on up.

I use Audacity for Audio (this program really kicks ass once you learn how to use it).
    In the case of 66angeleyes and the new version of Awaken The Giant I used virtualdub to remove audio from the original clips while keeping the video portion untouched (If needed). If the Clip came from Youtube, I used winff to convert it to AVI so Windows Movie maker can read it.

Audacity, Winff, and Virtualdub are freeware...Windows Movie maker comes with Windows XP.

okay..you got all you need there. A vast majority of the video is created in Movie maker. Virtualdub and Audacity are primarily used to edit Video and audio clips in preparation for use in the video (Virtualdub also can crop videos). Once they are processed the way you like, use Winff to convert the video to AVI.

The rest is done in movie maker. When the video is finished, you'll have a lot of files no longer needed and you can delete them.

Again we go back to Winff...here you convert your newly finished video to FLV format for upload to youtube/Myspace.

Some videos can take a long time, some not so long. Try to limit your video length to under 5 minutes if there are multiple clips used (as is the case in most of the videos I've done) otherwise you will have a long wait for it to save....and an ENORMOUS FILE SIZE!!

Keeper of the *New* 80sxchange Family Album
    My Facebook Profile
    Webmaster: DJ Daffy's Hott 80s website
    Host/DJ: Renegade Retro's Friday Night Flight something for everyone to enjoy!

Merci Beaucoup for this educational thread my friend

Re: So ya Wanna make a youtube Video...

I just finished another video. This one is not music or comedy. I made it for my workplace. At work, we have a few young drivers. Twice already they have nearly totalled 2 vehicles by texting and driving. Despite being told not to do so, they don't seem to get it. So hence the video was made. It might be a bit graphic, but hopefully it gets the message across!

My Facebook Profile

Yet another video by me!
    My tribute to our troops, and a reminder of why they fight!

If this video moves you, brings a tear to your eye, makes you think, and most important, makes you remember. Then the video served it's intended purpose.
    Last edited by Diofan; 6-07-09 at 02:30 AM.

My Facebook Profile

A couple more tidbits for you. Nathan Boehme offers some really good tips for videos, many of which I already incorporate into mine:

My Facebook Profile

Thread Information