Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
A-ha say goodbye with a farewell tour 2010

80s Forum: A-ha say goodbye with a farewell tour 2010

A-ha say goodbye with a farewell tour 2010

A-HA SAY GOODBYE WITH A FAREWELL TOUR 2010

http://www.a-ha.com/news/languages/e...px?PostID=4214

• A fantastic international career spanning almost 3 decades of making pop history.
    • 9 studio albums with sales in excess of 35 million - 70 million units including singles.
    • 15 top ten singles in the UK alone. Nominations, awards, and multiple world tours - including the legendary show at the Maracana Stadium, Rio de Janeiro in 1992, which earned a Guinness World Record for the largest-ever audience attendance at a paid concert - a whopping 196.000 people!
    In the mid 80's, the Norwegian trio generated teenage hysteria and general pandemonium wherever they went. Since reforming in 1999 after a 7-year hiatus, the band has seen the focus shift away from the pop phenomenon they once were towards the musical legacy they leave behind - inspiring a whole generation of esteemed artists of today, from Coldplay and Keane, to Kanye West, Oasis, The Strokes, Robbie Williams, even U2.
    In 2006 the band received a 'Q Inspiration Award' in honor of their lasting musical influence.
    With the current album 'Foot of The Mountain' enjoying both commercial success and critical acclaim, A-ha has decided to call it a day.
    As a consequence, A-ha will not be releasing any further albums in the future.
    The band would like to thank their fans and everyone who has contributed to their amazing journey, and say:
    'We've literally lived the ultimate boy's adventure tale, through a longer, more rewarding career than anyone could hope for.
    Doing this now will give us a chance to get more involved in other meaningful aspects of life, be it humanitarian work, politics, or whatever else - and of course through new constellations in the field of art and music. We are retiring as a band, not as individuals.
    Change is always difficult and It is easy to get set in one's ways. Now it is time to move on.'
    2010 marks the 25-year anniversary of A-ha's multi-platinum debut album 'Hunting High & Low' and the debut single 'Take On Me' which with the aid of a truly unforgettable video went on to become a number 1 in 27 countries worldwide, including USA.
    The band will make a final world tour in 2010 to end their collaboration on a high note.
    The last concert will take place in Oslo on December the 4th. See you there!

Re: A-ha say goodbye with a farewell tour 2010

No doubt Morten will be back in his Eurovision Song Contest role after that!!!
    From Timbo
    Check out http://www.planettimbo.tk - it's my new internet home!!!!!

I am depressed. A-ha woke up my interest in music when I was 11. And they were there all my life as one of my favorite bands giving so much to me with their music. It makes me very sad to think that there won't be new songs and gigs anymore.
    I'm a-happy Xchanger (the only one left )

Making Prefab Sprouter even more cheerful by stalking him.
    If Chasey moves even closer I can stalk him for real!
    Ultravox Lovin' Sista of Torchwood Fan

Oh that really sucks! I'm sad about it too. They were so good, yet so underrated over here in the states. They didn't get the recognition that they deserved over here.
    I wish them all the luck in the world in whatever they do.
    Another Good Catholic girl
    Secret stalker of Tempest
    Star Trek freak
    Guardian of all things furry

To get over my depression I bought myself a ticket to Oslo and went over to see them in their home town last weekend. It was superb!
    I'm a-happy Xchanger (the only one left )

Making Prefab Sprouter even more cheerful by stalking him.
    If Chasey moves even closer I can stalk him for real!
    Ultravox Lovin' Sista of Torchwood Fan

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzKid View Post
    To get over my depression I bought myself a ticket to Oslo and went over to see them in their home town last weekend. It was superb!
    Fantastic Blitzy! jetting over to see them play at their hometown - that is surely showing some love!

Quite sad...... They are a good band!

WHEN
    U R READING THIS DONT STOP OR SOMETHING BAD WILL HAPPEN! {SORRYABOUT
    THIS} THIS GIRL'S NAME IS SUMMER SHE'S 15 YEARS OLD & hasBLONDE
    HAIR ,MANY SCARS no NOSE OR EARS.. SHE IS DEAD. IF U DONT COPYTHIS JUST
    LIKE FROM THE RING, COPY N POST THIS ON 5 MORE SITES.. OR..SUMMER WILL
    APPEAR ONE DARK QU...IET NIGHT WHEN UR ...............NOT................................ .......
    ExPECTING IT BYYOUR BED WITH A KNIFE AND KILL U. THIS IS NO JOKE
    SOMETHING GOOD WILLHAPPEN TO U IF YOU POST THIS ON 5 MORE PAGES

They're good. They should continue being active.

Thread Information