Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322
Bret Michaels Back in Hospital After 'Warning Stroke'

80s Forum: Bret Michaels Back in Hospital After 'Warning Stroke'

Bret Michaels Back in Hospital After 'Warning Stroke'

*From USAToday.com:

Bret Michaels back in hospital after 'warning stroke'

Rocker and Celebrity Apprentice finalist Bret Michaels is back in a Los Angeles hospital after having what doctors are calling a warning stroke.

According to a message posted on Michaels' website, he "was readmitted to the hospital this week after suffering numbness on the left side of his body, predominantly his face and hands, which doctors described as a transient ischemic attack, or warning stroke."

In addition, tests showed that Michaels, 47, has a hole in his heart, called a patent foramen ovale.

His physician, Joseph Zabramski, called the diagnosis "devastating news to Bret and his family."

"The good news is that it is operable and treatable, and we think we may have diagnosed the problem that caused the transient ischemic attack," Zabramski says. "However, we feel it is highly unlikely this is connected to the brain hemorrhage he suffered a few weeks earlier."

On Michaels' site, his rep, Janna Elias, thanked fans for their support. "Even though these last few months have been tough on him and his family, especially this most recent setback, he is in good spirits, great medical hands and is positive and hopeful that everything is going to be OK. He is up, walking, talking, continuing his daily rehab and very happy to be alive."

Most of the Sunday Celebrity Apprentice finale was taped last fall; the reveal of the winner was to be broadcast live. NBC had said it was "cautiously optimistic" Michaels would appear, but his latest setback leaves that in question.

Re: Bret Michaels Back in Hospital After 'Warning Stroke'

We're playing with Bret here in Indy on June 27th. Thought he recovered pretty quick for as serious as his condition was a couple times. Guess we'll see how he is in a week and a half.

Re: Bret Michaels Back in Hospital After 'Warning Stroke'

I just saw him last night in concert with Lynryd Skynryd & 38 Special, and he was awesome !!!! Full of energy, and so very grateful for everyones support. It was like he was never sick at all. If you have the opportunity to see him live, then I suggest you do :-)
    Loving mother of Tiffany
    Living the 80's everyday

Def Leppard fan for eternity
    Xchange Addict
    Diehard Boston Red Sox fan
    " I wanna go back and do it all over, but I can't go back I know " ~ Eddie Money
    In Loving Memory of Aunt Sarah 5-4-43 - 11-21-05 I miss you !!!!
    Big sis of Chooch210
    Friend of Stlkev70 & Diofan

http://www.myspace.com/tiffsmom08

Thread Information