Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

I'm Not Crazy....Just Needed Help (My Story About Going to a Mental Hospital)

80s Forum: I'm Not Crazy....Just Needed Help (My Story About Going to a Mental Hospital)

I'm Not Crazy....Just Needed Help (My Story About Going to a Mental Hospital)

The last few days have been pretty interesting. On Saturday, I decided to do something I should have done a LONG time ago and admit myself to a mental hospital. My anxiety was getting way out of control. I was on meds, but the dosage I was on wasn't working right and I needed some tweaking.
    The hospital I went to was amazing. The staff there treated the patients with respect. I met a lot of really great people who had similar issues as me. I went to different groups and learned to play Rummy.
    You would be surprised to see how many "normal" people go to mental hospitals. I mean I met a few people who just was in a desperate situation, and they needed help. I felt like I had a new family, because I had to spend 24/7 with these people.
    Since I wasn't suicidal, I had more freedom to get around and do things. We could watch TV, play games and they even had a Wii. On Sunday, we had a Adam Sandler marathon (thanks to FX) and I got to see The Wedding Singer and Waterboy (two good movies). I even took a yoga class and painted some pictures.
    I'm so glad I did this. And please don't make fun of me for doing this. I'm not crazy, I just have a mental illness that needed a bit of tweaking.
    Molly

My Twitter
    My FriendFeed
    My Facebook
    Cyber Sis of Diofan and Chooch
    NOT So Secretly Stalking 80sTrivia
    Goth Music Fan
    Torchwood Fanatic
    THAT MODERN ROCK SHOW W/GHOSTY

chooch210 is offline The Eiffel Tower is in England

Re: I'm Not Crazy....Just Needed Help (My Story About Going to a Mental Hospital)

I am proud of you Molly. You took the right steps to get help in what you need. Keep up the good work and NO you aren't crazy, everyone needs help sometimes. Anxiety isn't a crazy symptom, it does happen, I've been there. If you need to talk or just vent let me know. Ove ya
    WHOOPTY FREAKIN DOO!
    Proud member of the "OVE" club!
    Fan of djdaffy!
    80'sfanatics little sis!
    Good friends with Molly

Crowbar reserved for Torchwood_fan

djdaffy1227 is offline available on LP, CD and Cassette

Re: I'm Not Crazy....Just Needed Help (My Story About Going to a Mental Hospital)

Any twelve step recovery group will tell you that admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery. You took a step to make it better.

My grandma was in and out of the mental ward of the hospital until the day she passed away. My nephew is in one as I write this. It's not like people are running around in straight jackets in these places.

We missed you Monday.

you're dispicable!
    Did you get that thing I sent ya?
    I'm not who I was.
    founding father of the ove club

Molly, congrats on going in and taking the time to take care of yourself. I know it's hard to actually realize sometime that things are beyond your control, and it's admirable that you've stepped up to the plate and done what's right for your well being.
    "A wise and frugal Government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor and bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government" - Thomas Jefferson.

Good for you molly. You took the first step. Baby steps Molly, Baby steps.

Keeper of the *New* 80sxchange Family Album
    My Facebook Profile
    Webmaster: DJ Daffy's Hott 80s website
    Host/DJ: Renegade Retro's Friday Night Flight something for everyone to enjoy!

More people should have the courage and self-honesty to do what you did. Good for you, Molly, I'm glad it helped and hopefully put you on the road to a better place.
    nolanbuc - the Commish
    "Hijacking threads and beating dead horses since 2001"

World Fantasy Sports - Official Home of the World Fantasy Football League.

Those of us with mental illness -- I am included in that category -- believe me, we need to get to the point where we realize we are messed up and give ourselves a break over it, no pun intended.

I don't use my illness as an excuse to do wrong, it's not a sympathy draw, it's not a crutch. However, it IS a reality and I do have to recognize that sometimes it needs heavier management than at other times, like any other chronic illness.

Good for you for dealing with it, and if you use an experience like this to learn, even better.

Anyone who would make fun of something like this is a sick f*ck and needs a lesson in what it means to be human.
    ~~X~~~~X~~
    Nunc scio quid sit amor

~~Resident Urban Cougar-Boo~~
    Joe Elliot, Charlie Hunnam, Wentworth Miller, Kip Winger,Travis Fimmel, Tim McGraw Jon Bon Jovi and Billy Wirth walk into a bar...
    did I forget anyone, girls?

SIT DOWN, BUCKLE IN, HANG ON, SHUT UP
    I will find my inner child and kick his little ass
    Don't piss me off. I'm running out of places to hide the bodies
    |PLAY >|STOP| <<RWD|FFWD>>|RCD|II|STFU!!!|
    You are starting to make sense. Time to up my medications!
    Spay or neuter your animals if you truly love them

We have enough youth--what we need is a fountain of SMART!
    AMERICA'S NUMBER ONE RESOURCE OF UNTAPPED ANGER, now in fashionable PINK
    DO NOT LEAVE ME UNSUPERVISED. If you do, DO NOT LEAVE WITNESSES
    Even BAD kitties get NINE LIVES
    MOMMMMMM...Retro's throwing wombats at me again...
    It's okay dear, they're COMBAT wombats!
    stand there, say nothing...thaaaatttt'ssss better
    80sxchange bad girls club
    trying to catch the deluge in a paper cup
    I can count to potato! I has a SNEAKY...
    Raging bitchkitty
    scared of my own shadow but not afraid of you
    ab astra

I got readmitted to Brylin this past week because my anxiety disorder still wasn't controlled properly. I'm currently on three different kinds of meds and I'm going to see my therapist soon. Brylin is such a great place and I have a great support system.
    Molly

My Twitter
    My FriendFeed
    My Facebook
    Cyber Sis of Diofan and Chooch
    NOT So Secretly Stalking 80sTrivia
    Goth Music Fan
    Torchwood Fanatic
    THAT MODERN ROCK SHOW W/GHOSTY

Thread Information