Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Phil Collins Ending Music Career, Says He Wonít Be Missed

80s Forum: Phil Collins Ending Music Career, Says He Wonít Be Missed

Post Phil Collins Ending Music Career, Says He Wonít Be Missed

Phil Collins fears that he's no longer relevant to the music scene, telling FHM, "I look at the MTV Music Awards and I think: 'I can't be in the same business as this.'

"I don't really belong to that world and I don't think anyone's going to miss me. I'm much happier just to write myself out of the script entirely."

"I'll go on a mysterious biking holiday and never return. That would be a great way to end the story, wouldn't it?"

Read more...

Re: Phil Collins Ending Music Career, Says He Wonít Be Missed

Well, this woman in Buffalo will miss him. I love Phil Collins. He is disappointed with what the music industry has become today and I kind of agree in a way. I think his music got criticized unfairly. He's a very talented musician and didn't deserve the panning of his music. I wish he'd change his mind, but I see how he feels. That's why I listen some some indie of today, but mainly listen to the stuff from the 80s, 70s and 60s.
    Molly

My Twitter
    My FriendFeed
    My Facebook
    Cyber Sis of Diofan and Chooch
    NOT So Secretly Stalking 80sTrivia
    Goth Music Fan
    Torchwood Fanatic
    THAT MODERN ROCK SHOW W/GHOSTY

Phil Collins tried to stay relevant by appearing with newer artists. I recall his collaboration with Bone Thugs and Harmony sampling his hit "Take Me Home."

I agree with him. This autotuned music has gotten way out of hand. How do people listen to that? It doesn't even sound real.

Hopefully we haven't heard the last from Phil. Maybe he has one last concert tour in him? If not, we have some great memories and some wonderful music from the 70's-90's.

djdaffy1227 is offline available on LP, CD and Cassette

I saw him live twice, he was awesome!

you're dispicable!
    Did you get that thing I sent ya?
    I'm not who I was.
    founding father of the ove club

Thread Information