Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322
Jumpin Green Sphere?

80s Forum: Jumpin Green Sphere?

Exclamation Jumpin Green Sphere?

Hi peeps!
    Can anybody help me identify this dance record from the late 80's?
    Hear is what I know... I think it was released in about 1988-90. Ive no idea what label its on either, but it was a vinyl EP with 3 different mixes of the same track on it. One of the mixes sounded a bit like a old train!
    All the tracks featured the sample: "the coolest, grooviest, swingin'est, wailin'est, strongest, swingin'est cat that ever stomped on this jumpin' green sphere."
    This is a sample of Lord Buckley, reading his poem "The Nazz" from the 1960's. For more information about this poem and to listen to the actual sample used please click the link and listen from 0:35 to 0:51 or search "Lord Buckley vs Barack Obama" on YouTube...
    Pleeeeeeeease can anbody help? Its really doing my head in!!!

Re: Jumpin Green Sphere?

Quote Originally Posted by roughriderz View Post
    Hi peeps!
    Can anybody help me identify this dance record from the late 80's?
    Hear is what I know... I think it was released in about 1988-90. Ive no idea what label its on either, but it was a vinyl EP with 3 different mixes of the same track on it. One of the mixes sounded a bit like a old train!
    All the tracks featured the sample: "the coolest, grooviest, swingin'est, wailin'est, strongest, swingin'est cat that ever stomped on this jumpin' green sphere."
    This is a sample of Lord Buckley, reading his poem "The Nazz" from the 1960's. For more information about this poem and to listen to the actual sample used please click the link and listen from 0:35 to 0:51 or search "Lord Buckley vs Barack Obama" on YouTube...
    Pleeeeeeeease can anbody help? Its really doing my head in!!!

The Word - The Naz {1979}

http://www.discogs.com/Word-The-Naz/release/2781697

Note: While this song is not from the late 80's, it does includes the words from 'The Nazz'

Dan

http://danssongsearch.blogspot.com/

Question Re: Jumpin Green Sphere?

Hi Dan!
    Thanks for sending me this info mate, but unfortunately thats not the tune...
    The track Im after is NOT a normal pop track but a dance record which samples the exact section of this Lord Buckley poem, as stated above. Its definitely not that old either, I reckon it was sometime in the late 80's or maybe even as late as 1990?
    Its was released (on vinyl EP) as 3 mixes of the same track but I havent got a clue what its called or who did it? Can anybody else help me?
    Cheers, Phil

Thread Information