Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

The 80sXChange is about to change...

80s Forum: The 80sXChange is about to change...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Wink The 80sXChange is about to change...

Hey there!

You may have received our email about the BIG changes coming to this site/community. As mentioned, a few BIG parts of the BIG 80s decade involve things like music, movies and television series. Well, that stuff isn't so easy to find the way our site is positioned at the moment. The "new" 80sXChange will still have the same active message board - so we're not losing all that valuable information.

But. Everything else is about to change. You're going to have no trouble finding music videos, clips from movies and television shows - all in an environment you're comfortable and familiar with. Plus, it'll be easier than ever to connect with like-minded individuals with similar interests. Think "social network".

The change is going to cost a significant amount of time and money. So first I need to know if you're on board. If so, please reply here to let me know. If you don't remember your login credentials, please click here.

Thank you very much! And have a wonderful day.

Re: The 80sXChange is about to change...

I didn't get the email, but I am intrigued to see what the new changes will bring. Sounds interesting!
    Always an 80's girl! // I Sold My Soul To Rock 'N Roll // Don't Let Real Rock Die
    Stalkee of Ted Nugent!
    Stalker of the charming and sweet Guancho!
    Adopted by Pagan!
    Dad - I love you now & always. 1945 - 2002...RIP
    If wantin' the good life is such a crime...Lord, then put me away!
    - Poison, "Nothing But A Good Time"
    My teachers didn't like me
    They always tried to put me down
    'Cause I wore my hair too long
    I played my music way too loud
    - Bon Jovi, "Blame It On The Love Of Rock 'N Roll"

Hi Christine! The email is going out to about 10,000 people - around 1,000 per day. So over the next ten days or so we'll see people pop in here to share their input and/or just let us know they're alive! If enough people are still interested in the site, the 80sXChange will change forever. If you find Facebook easy to use, you'll love what we have planned. And, of course, we'll still have our very informative website and forum to visit whenever we want...

Hey Sal!
    I got your e-mail and needed to reset my password, but I'm alive as you were interested to know.
    I look forward to what you have planned for the site and on Facebook. I don't know how much you are planning, but I also wanted to let you know that I also have a profile on Google+. I've been promoting 80s music among other things. Have you thought about putting a page on their network? You could even cross-post using an app. Duran Duran have a page there:
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/113130968957136669901
    Just a thought.
    Anyway, thanks for the reminder about 80sXchange. Everyone is into many things and it's sometimes hard to give all of our interests the full attention they deserve.
    All the best,
    David

Quote Originally Posted by shades View Post
    Hey Sal!
    I got your e-mail and needed to reset my password, but I'm alive as you were interested to know.
    I look forward to what you have planned for the site and on Facebook. I don't know how much you are planning, but I also wanted to let you know that I also have a profile on Google+. I've been promoting 80s music among other things. Have you thought about putting a page on their network? You could even cross-post using an app. Duran Duran have a page there:
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/113130968957136669901
    Just a thought.
    Anyway, thanks for the reminder about 80sXchange. Everyone is into many things and it's sometimes hard to give all of our interests the full attention they deserve.
    All the best,
    David
    Welcome back, David! Thank you for coming by and letting me know you're still alive! I like your idea about Google Plus and will definitely get that setup as time allows. I do have my own personal account there. It's a great system! Let's see how many others come out of the woodwork! I hope to see many familiar faces (or usernames) shortly...

Looking forward to the new look and feel. Glad to hear that the forums won't lose info.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano View Post
    Welcome back, David! Thank you for coming by and letting me know you're still alive! I like your idea about Google Plus and will definitely get that setup as time allows. I do have my own personal account there. It's a great system! Let's see how many others come out of the woodwork! I hope to see many familiar faces (or usernames) shortly...
    I've actually had 80sXChange in the back of my mind off and on, so your e-mail did the trick.

You're welcome to add me on Google+ if you want. I'm here:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/105417833575704405425

I often talk about the "guy in shades" (which is of course where I get my user name). Corey is on Facebook but not on Google+ so I try to promote him there. I don't know if you're a fan of his or not, but he's a funny man, very down to earth, and shares things about his kids.

Anyway, I probably need to get to bed pretty soon, but thanks for bringing me back.

David

So glad to see you're doing some fresh new things Sal! Thanks for the email, my Bday email a couple of weeks ago was what got me back and posting, I love those and every year I think, "Gee I remember how much fun I had there, I should go post." and this year I finally DID!

Looking forward to the new things happening soon. Happy New Year!

Looking forward to the chages as well - All the best

Thumbs up Re: The 80sXChange is about to change...

Good morning from Germany,
    I got your e-mail and YES I'm alive ...
    THX for your information and I'm looking forward to the new changes. I prefer in every circumstance Facebook ...
    I'll be back ...
    Best Regards,
    Andreas
    www.fresh80s.de

Maddog IS alive and well! I sure don't get to this site like I used to...which is silly since I sit on a computer all day long...but my interest in it is still 100%!!!
    Never let the odds keep you from doing what you know in your heart you were meant to do!

djdaffy1227 is offline available on LP, CD and Cassette

Present!

you're dispicable!
    Did you get that thing I sent ya?
    I'm not who I was.
    founding father of the ove club

Present
    A Veteran Xchanger

Wow! It's great to see familiar faces - from way back in the day. Hopefully more people pop in soon. If anyone sees people on other sites - including Facebook - please invite them back!

chooch210 is offline The Eiffel Tower is in England

Thanks Sal, look forward to the changes
    WHOOPTY FREAKIN DOO!
    Proud member of the "OVE" club!
    Fan of djdaffy!
    80'sfanatics little sis!
    Good friends with Molly

Crowbar reserved for Torchwood_fan

Hi Sal!
    Thanks for establishing this site- please keep up the good work.
    I feel so fortunate to have been "on the scene" in the 80's (I'm 55 yrs old), and I am constantly amazed by how productive many of the 80's bands/artists still are today... and constantly apalled by how current artists copy them. You would think there are no new ideas out there.
    I have retained my alternative values learned in the 80's right through to 2012- and plan to keep it up for the rest of my life.
    Thanks again!

Checking in
    DJ/Host of Retro Dance Party on Renegade Retro! Check site for schedule!
    Podcasts of shows and mixes on my Mixcloud site
    !

Diofan here checking in! Nice to see some old faces pop in and say hi!

Keeper of the *New* 80sxchange Family Album
    My Facebook Profile
    Webmaster: DJ Daffy's Hott 80s website
    Host/DJ: Renegade Retro's Friday Night Flight something for everyone to enjoy!

hey Sal and everyone! It's good to back with '80's friends.

The new site sounds great. I'm in

Linda

Still alive and kicking and ready to help fire up this great place again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information