Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322
Looking for obscure 80s hair band power ballad "Heaven..."

80s Forum: Looking for obscure 80s hair band power ballad "Heaven..."

Question Looking for obscure 80s hair band power ballad "Heaven..."

Hi,

I know this may be a huuuuge stretch to find this (since I don't know any other lyrics), but maybe someone can help.

In the late 80's, or perhaps at the latest 1990 or '91, there was a song that used to play on the radio... had to be some hair band's random single, because it was short-lived on the radio, I haven't heard it in 20 years and can't find it anywhere. This was on a station that played Poison, Bon Jovi, and other rock/metal/hair bands. (And no, the song isn't Warrant's "Heaven").

All I can remember is it being slower/medium paced, definitely a hard rock ballad, there was a big guitar solo in the middle, and each line of the chorus started with "Heaven...!" The solo went straight into the last chorus:

Heaven...! blah blah blah, blah blah blah, blah
    Heaven...! blah blah blah, blah blah blah
    Heaven...! etc

It's really unfortunate I can't remember a single other word. But I have the melody in my head (the way the word Heaven is sung, up high), and I'd say it was in the style of Tesla, Slaughter, Skid Row, etc... which are bands I searched for to no avail. The singer's voice was higher like those. Again I know it's a huge stretch based on this limited and random info, but if anyone knows what this might be, I'd be forever grateful. I recorded it from the radio to a cassette when I was about 12 and would LOVE to be able to find it again. Thanks!

Re: Looking for obscure 80s hair band power ballad "Heaven..."

Quote Originally Posted by MOV View Post
    Hi,

I know this may be a huuuuge stretch to find this (since I don't know any other lyrics), but maybe someone can help.

In the late 80's, or perhaps at the latest 1990 or '91, there was a song that used to play on the radio... had to be some hair band's random single, because it was short-lived on the radio, I haven't heard it in 20 years and can't find it anywhere. This was on a station that played Poison, Bon Jovi, and other rock/metal/hair bands. (And no, the song isn't Warrant's "Heaven").

All I can remember is it being slower/medium paced, definitely a hard rock ballad, there was a big guitar solo in the middle, and each line of the chorus started with "Heaven...!" The solo went straight into the last chorus:

Heaven...! blah blah blah, blah blah blah, blah
    Heaven...! blah blah blah, blah blah blah
    Heaven...! etc

It's really unfortunate I can't remember a single other word. But I have the melody in my head (the way the word Heaven is sung, up high), and I'd say it was in the style of Tesla, Slaughter, Skid Row, etc... which are bands I searched for to no avail. The singer's voice was higher like those. Again I know it's a huge stretch based on this limited and random info, but if anyone knows what this might be, I'd be forever grateful. I recorded it from the radio to a cassette when I was about 12 and would LOVE to be able to find it again. Thanks!

??

Tigertailz - Heaven {1990}

http://www.discogs.com/Tigertailz-Bezerk/master/242412

Dan

http://danssongsearch.blogspot.com/

McQueen street. In heaven!!!!!

Warrant

I forgot to bookmark this forum back when I asked, then it totally slipped my mind after I formatted my PC. Now that I've remembered to find this and check back in... HOWSAHEMI, that's the one!!!

Thank you to Dan and Michael for your replies as well. But Howsahemi nailed it -- "In Heaven" by McQueen Street:

Thank you! I can finally see an end to 21 years of sleepless nights.

Thread Information