Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Has your musical tastes changed? - Page 2

80s Forum: Has your musical tastes changed?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Has your musical tastes changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Vilji View Post
    notice I didn't even mention Disney
    It's Pagan...It's a given!! He's a big softie remember?

Keeper of the *New* 80sxchange Family Album
    My Facebook Profile
    Webmaster: DJ Daffy's Hott 80s website
    Host/DJ: Renegade Retro's Friday Night Flight something for everyone to enjoy!

Recker is offline Reminiscing about the 80s... xchange

I'm still into my 80s music, although I do admit that I have been purchasign albums from more modern bands than every before. My favourite current band at the moment is Muse.

My two most listened to stations in my car are Hair Nation and Lithium, which is 90's grunge. I also flip to 80's on 8 and 90's on 9. I guess in how my taste has changed is I love country music now, which is SO ODD considering I hated it so bad in HS. Like Pagan, if anyone found my iPhone and what was on it, I'd be so embarrassed.
    Never seen without a tube of lip gloss

Quote Originally Posted by jillybean View Post
    Like Pagan, if anyone found my iPhone and what was on it, I'd be so embarrassed.
    Maybe you should post them in a "Guilty Pleasures" thread.

Keeper of the *New* 80sxchange Family Album
    My Facebook Profile
    Webmaster: DJ Daffy's Hott 80s website
    Host/DJ: Renegade Retro's Friday Night Flight something for everyone to enjoy!

i have such a wide range of music .. i always have.. but i will always love my 80's.... always... and this past year i got see morrissey and i already have my tickets for new order in october!!

Quote Originally Posted by Diofan View Post
    Maybe you should post them in a "Guilty Pleasures" thread.
    That's a pretty good idea!
    Never seen without a tube of lip gloss

I'm still listening to most of the stuff I listened to in the '80s which is pop, new wave, metal of that era along with '60 & '70s rock & a few newer alternative rock bands. Occassionally, I will find myself digging some of the '80s country even (which I used to never listen to country).

Alan, uou like the Monkees? Thats cool.
    my musical tastes haven't changed much. I do listen to more dance music and indie music of today.
    I listen to a lot of stuff over the internet. I'm obsessed with Spotify.
    Molly

My Twitter
    My FriendFeed
    My Facebook
    Cyber Sis of Diofan and Chooch
    NOT So Secretly Stalking 80sTrivia
    Goth Music Fan
    Torchwood Fanatic
    THAT MODERN ROCK SHOW W/GHOSTY

Quote Originally Posted by txgirl View Post
    i have such a wide range of music .. i always have.. but i will always love my 80's.... always... and this past year i got see morrissey and i already have my tickets for new order in october!!

Cool, Txgirl. I'm a bit jealous. Morrissey and New Order .... Was partying to them in the '80s... never saw them live, though. Awesome

I noticed the 5 CD's in my truck's CD players are Fleetwood Mac's Rumours, Bruce Sprinsteens the River, ELO's Greatest Hits, and Alice Cooper's Greatest Hits
    Topcats Buddy
    Bogie' Arch Nemesis

Quote Originally Posted by txgirl View Post
    Morrissey is playing in the Buffalo area around my birthday, but the venue isn't in a good area and I can't get to i in any case. I do want to see him live. And I would LOVE to see New Order.
    Molly

My Twitter
    My FriendFeed
    My Facebook
    Cyber Sis of Diofan and Chooch
    NOT So Secretly Stalking 80sTrivia
    Goth Music Fan
    Torchwood Fanatic
    THAT MODERN ROCK SHOW W/GHOSTY

NOPE!!! still ROKKIN!

My taste can't change as I've always liked everything New stuff, old stuff... I was not amused however when they started playing 80s on the oldies station on the radio... my childhood music is not an oldie and neither am I, dammit

If you look at my favorite YouTube videos, you'll see a lot of 80s music, mixed in with some 00s material. One thing I've really gotten into in recent years is mash-ups. For example, Soulja Boy's "Crank Dat" is a good song for mash-ups. I've heard it combined with "Beat It" by Michael Jackson, "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" by Pat Benatar, "Maniac" by Michael Sembello, "I Eat Cannibals" by Toto Coelo and "Whip It" by Devo. Speaking of Michael Jackson, another mash-up I liked combined "Billie Jean" with The Doors' "Riders On The Storm". Once I'm able to post videos, I'll have to share some of my favorite mash-ups.

If you like mashups, check out Titus Jones... does some really kick ass mega mashes.

I have been listening to a TON of motown lately, and my current favorite artist *besides Prince* is Butch Walker (look him up if you've never heard of him)
    "A wise and frugal Government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor and bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government" - Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by Roemello View Post
    My taste can't change as I've always liked everything New stuff, old stuff... I was not amused however when they started playing 80s on the oldies station on the radio... my childhood music is not an oldie and neither am I, dammit
    I can't believe when I hear Motley Crue and the DJ mentions "Classy Rock"! Boy is THAT a shock... I wonder what they call our "old school rap" favorites these days. I mean - they were already old school when we were kids. And my Freestyle dance music? Now dance "classics"... Oh well. What can ya do?

We've now reached a point where artists like Ludacris and Nelly are considered old school rap music. I think 80s rap music can now be referred to as "classic" as well. I've mellowed out about rap music since my first stint on the 80sxchange. I've come to enjoy a decent amount of it. My big issue was with the sampling of 80s music. Now that I'm older, I don't mind the sampling...Just utilize it well and understand the source. When Tupac sampled Bruce Hornsby And The Range's "The Way It Is" for his song "Changes", he understood the message inherent in Hornsby's music. That's a sample utilized well.

I've always had a wide range of music I listened to and still do. whether it's Rock, Pop, Country, Christian Rock, Progressive Rock, New Age, Dance...
    I just love listening to most any kind of music.
    Wally

http://BenatarFanClub.com The Official Fanclub

Quote Originally Posted by outofplacechild2 View Post
    If you look at my favorite YouTube videos, you'll see a lot of 80s music, mixed in with some 00s material. One thing I've really gotten into in recent years is mash-ups. For example, Soulja Boy's "Crank Dat" is a good song for mash-ups. I've heard it combined with "Beat It" by Michael Jackson, "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" by Pat Benatar, "Maniac" by Michael Sembello, "I Eat Cannibals" by Toto Coelo and "Whip It" by Devo. Speaking of Michael Jackson, another mash-up I liked combined "Billie Jean" with The Doors' "Riders On The Storm". Once I'm able to post videos, I'll have to share some of my favorite mash-ups.
    I love mashups too, have quite a few in my collection. One of my faves is Adele's "Rolling in the Deep" with Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy" - *Crazy in the deep*
    *Sheree*
    *80sxchange's Official Tsker and Finger Waver

Now you see me & now you don't!!!

Oh Man! What's SHEI doing back!???!
    Facebook[/COLOR]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information