Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
One of my New Faves: Sparks

80s Forum: One of my New Faves: Sparks

One of my New Faves: Sparks

I just rediscovered this duo a couple of months ago. They are Russell & Ron Mael and they come from California. You probably have heard their songs, "Angst In My Pants," "This Town Ain't Big Enough for the Both of Us," "Cool Places" (w/Jane Wiedlin), and "Monster of Love."
    They're still going strong and just released a new album, "Two Hands, One Mouth."They also did a small European tour, not sure if they'll tour the US, but I'd love to see them. It's hard to believe Russell is now 65 and Ron is 68. I don't me to sound creepy, but Ruseell is still good looking.
    Here a couple videos I love by them, one isn't 80s.

Molly

My Twitter
    My FriendFeed
    My Facebook
    Cyber Sis of Diofan and Chooch
    NOT So Secretly Stalking 80sTrivia
    Goth Music Fan
    Torchwood Fanatic
    THAT MODERN ROCK SHOW W/GHOSTY

Re: One of my New Faves: Sparks

When Comedy Central reran episodes from the Dick Ebersol era in the 90s, I saw an episode they were the musical guest on. They performed a very energetic song called "Mickey Mouse". A few years later, I found out they also did a song about Minnie Mouse for a Disney album called "Splashdance". Another song I like by them is "Cool Places", their duet with Jane Wiedlin. I interviewed Wiedlin in 2010 for RetroJunk, and one of the questions I asked her was about her work with Sparks. I'll have to link to that interview soon.

I've heard the song, "Minnie Mouse," it's a very cute song. And I LOVE "Cool Places." That's where I first heard of them back in the 80s, but didn't click until a lot later. I'm shocked they didn't get more popular here. They seem to have more of a following in Europe. They're very interesting guys and very underrated as musicians.
    Molly

My Twitter
    My FriendFeed
    My Facebook
    Goth Music Fan
    Torchwood Fanatic

This is a very creepy video from Sparks, but it's a great song, IMHO.

A very early video from Sparks. This has got to be one of my faves from them.
    Molly

My Twitter
    My FriendFeed
    My Facebook
    Goth Music Fan
    Torchwood Fanatic

I also like the song they did for the original Fright Night soundtrack. It's called "Armies Of The Night". Great melody and awesome synth work- I just love it. Also really like "Cool Places."

Thread Information