SURVIVOR - DESPERATE DREAMS
PATRICK SWAYZE - SHE'S LIKE THE WIND
BILLY OCEAN - SUDDENLY
LIONEL RICHIE - HELLO
CHRIS DEBURGH - LADY IN RED
REAL LIFE - SEND ME AN ANGEL
DURAN DURAN - SAVE A PRAYER
COREY HART - SUNGLASSES AT NIGHT

Okay, so the fans of the 80's music are some of the most devoted, dedicated, and I dare say, vicious people you'll ever meet. Vicious in a way that they will defend their music to no end, and they will discuss it with thundering ferocity, even in text...they know what they like.

I do too. And now I find myself returning , again, to a list of songs, it's a huge list, of which I'm only listing part, that I cannot "Define". Theres a "sound" to all of these. I refuse to call it the "Ballad" sound, because it's NOT a ballad (some are, by classification, but the sound is not). It's not really "new wave" or "romantic" or any of the sounds that fit into a category listed on the forum....

It's a darker sound. And we're CLOSER to 'defining' the sound....Its the sound in the song....you would think the video, if there was one, or one different than the original, would have the artist singing in a dark alley, or in the rain, or walking down an empty street at night.. it's "that" kind of sound. And it's my favorite "sound" of the 80's.

I have NOT YET been able to narrow down a "name" for the sound.

What are those songs part of?

Help me out?