Finally I found a group of people as nerdy as myself. I'm gonna introduce, perhaps, the biggest 80s fan my age in Sweden:

It all began the summer of 2006. I had this friend, Viktor, totally obsessed with 80s pop music. Before making contact, I always neglected his choice of music as pure crap ("ren skit" in swedish). One early morning Viktor slept on a couch, "Me, Myself, I" (J. Armatrading) sat by his computer playing poker. I wanted to his explore his fascination in this, for me, pure crap. It should be said that my idols at the time had names like Marshall Mathers (Eminem) and Hans Peter Geerdes (Scooter). Now, back to the topic...

I found a compilation album of Europe. Since we're countrymen, it instantly catched my attention. "Sign of the Times" was the first to be examined. This power rock ballad made it even more interesting. I went through the entire 'Out of This World' (1988), although I wasn't convinced yet.

I remembered growing up, when "the only" way to backup movies was by recording it with the VHS. My dad (also a so-called audiophile) once recorded The Jewel of The Nile, a motion picture I actually enjoyed - DESPITE being made in this stone age-era. I felt like watching the trailer, just to get a little nostalgic. Then it all made sense...

The song played in the very last scene, where Jack and Joan got married, was the "beginning of a beautiful friendship" (AFI's 20th Greatest Movie Quote).