Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322
November of 1984

80s Forum: November of 1984

November of 1984

Hi there! My name's Sean! I'm 23 years old, and I've got autism. Even though I wasn't born until 1991, but since I like the nostalgia of both the 1980's and 1990's, where were you and/or what were you doing back in November of 1984 (from and between November 1, 1984 to November 30, 1984), back when Ronald Reagan won re-election against Walter Mondale, back when Doug Flutie's "Hail Mary" Pass happened, back when Freddy Krueger started terrorizing teenagers for the very first time (since the first "Nightmare on Elm Street" came out in theaters on November 9, 1984), back when the "Material Girl" herself (Madonna, of course, LOL!) had 2 songs on the Billboard Hot 100 ("Like a Virgin" and "Lucky Star"), and back when "The Cosby Show", "Family Ties", "Cheers", "Night Court", and "Hill Street Blues" ruled Must See TV on Thursday Nights on NBC? And what was your Thanksgiving in 1984 like also?

Thanks!
    Sean

Also, even though I joined 80sxchange.com 3 years ago, I'm sorry it took me a very long time to start my very first thread here!

Re: November of 1984

Welcome aboard, Sean! Thank you for finally saying hello!

Hey Sean, how're you doing? In November of 1984 I was 18 and starting my 2nd year of college in So. California. I was dating as many girls as possible and in the prime of my life. Miami Vice had just come on the air and my friends and I were partying hard. The occasional trip to Tijuana kept it lively, new wave music was going full-bore and times were just plain goooooooooooooooood. I miss those days like you wouldn't believe. Last week I got together with two of my best friends from that time period (one I haven't seen in 20 years) at the Angels game and we partied like the old days, even though we are now pushing 50. It's like the Van Halen song goes, Where have all the good times gone? The 80s were a BLAST. Earlier in '84 I went to Honolulu for spring break with my best friend; back then, you only had to be 18 to drink in Hawaii. We were 18 and hit it as hard as possible. I miss girls in dolphin shorts
    Last edited by Doogan; 9-09-14 at 04:53 PM.

Sorry to bump this thread, but since today's November 3, 2014, who else also remembers where you were and/or what were you doing back in November of 1984 (from and between November 1, 1984 to November 30, 1984), and yesterday was my grandpa's 80th birthday, and even though like I said I wasn't born until 1991, but I liked it when my grandpa turned 50 on November 2, 1984!

I'm on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/jeffsteele
    BUT...I'm NO LONGER on Twitter!

35 years of
    THE TRANSFORMERS
    1984-2019

Thread Information