Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Hello from London from some Bizzare 80s throwback.

80s Forum: Hello from London from some Bizzare 80s throwback.

Talking Hello from London from some Bizzare 80s throwback.

I suppose you can class me as a New Romantic but I'm more into the Darker Early 80s Synthpop acts such as Gary Numan, Visage, Ultravox, Depeche Mode, Soft Cell, John Foxx, The Human Leauge, Japan, Duran Duran. I have been DJing for the last 18 years on and off in London just so I could get my 80s fix. I also run a small 80s Synthpop Online Radio Station called The Thin Wall Radio. Image wise its always Black eyeliner, Trilby's and Suits. I've been lucky enough to meet some of my Icons but am still discovering Early 80s Acts from across the Globe which made some amazing Music back then. I'm the wrong side of 35 now but sadly was not old enough to appreciate my favourite music first time round. But spend a lot of time on Youtube finding old live Concerts. I also upload a lot of Mix's to Mixcloud
    Mr Blue

Re: Hello from London from some Bizzare 80s throwback.

Welcome aboard, Mr. Blue! And thank you for signing up. Yeah, I'm on the wrong side of 35 as well. But that's fine... I didn't appreciate a lot of 80s music DURING the 80s (but I did actually like quite a bit). It wasn't until the mid 90s when it went away that I started missing it - and realized how much I actually loved ALL of it...

This used to be a tremendously THRIVING community and I still have hopes for that to happen some day. I just put a bunch of ugly ads on this site and I'm hoping it can earn enough for me to start marketing it again. You should have seen it here a few years ago. You really would have loved it. Maybe it's time for a revival. Let's see if I can get some marketing dollars together...

Thanks again for signing up! It's nice to have you here...

Best of luck. I noticed this place was quite large. Hope people do come back here, running a site this size can not be easy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Thin Wall View Post
    Best of luck. I noticed this place was quite large. Hope people do come back here, running a site this size can not be easy.
    Thank you! It was difficult when it was busy. Nowadays it's just a bit of a server drain as a LOT of traffic comes in through search engine results. But, not much activity... Hopefully that'll change again some day. The problem is - most of our favorite 80s artists aren't performing like they were when this site was started back in the very late 90s... If there was ever some type of 80s resurgence, it could get busy again. But - we did have enough people here that if they came here instead of Facebook - it could/would be busy again.

Hello and welcome from one of the other Europeans here, living in Vienna. My nick will probably tell you living in London more than it did to our friends from other continents on 80sxchange. And i do love the bands assosiated with the Blitz Club especially Ultravox and early Spandau Ballet. A radio station called thin wall radio sounds perfect. yes, this place was quite busy some years ago.
    Normally when on holiday in London i like to party at Electric Dreams now at the London Stone Pub or various parties at the Electric Ballroom. Where do/did you dj? Any good 80s/new romantic/new wave/postpunk parties you can recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzKid View Post
    Hello and welcome from one of the other Europeans here, living in Vienna. My nick will probably tell you living in London more than it did to our friends from other continents on 80sxchange. And i do love the bands assosiated with the Blitz Club especially Ultravox and early Spandau Ballet. A radio station called thin wall radio sounds perfect. yes, this place was quite busy some years ago.
    Normally when on holiday in London i like to party at Electric Dreams now at the London Stone Pub or various parties at the Electric Ballroom. Where do/did you dj? Any good 80s/new romantic/new wave/postpunk parties you can recommend?
    Hey! Nice to see you! You were here from nearly the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano View Post
    Thank you! It was difficult when it was busy. Nowadays it's just a bit of a server drain as a LOT of traffic comes in through search engine results. But, not much activity... Hopefully that'll change again some day. The problem is - most of our favorite 80s artists aren't performing like they were when this site was started back in the very late 90s... If there was ever some type of 80s resurgence, it could get busy again. But - we did have enough people here that if they came here instead of Facebook - it could/would be busy again.
    Actually there are a lot of 80s groups performing right now. Spandau Ballet and Midge Ure are on the road right now, I saw Adam Ant, Big Country, The Stranglers, The Damned, Howard Jones, Nik Kershaw, A Flock of Seagulls, Cutting Crew, Level 42, Belinda Carlisle and some more the last years. But maybe it's a European thing, don't know how many of them are on tour in the States.

The reason why I stopped posting here on a regular base was that I went from a job in front of the PC to the medical field without any time or even Internet at work.
    I'm a-happy Xchanger (the only one left )

Making Prefab Sprouter even more cheerful by stalking him.
    If Chasey moves even closer I can stalk him for real!
    Ultravox Lovin' Sista of Torchwood Fan

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzKid View Post
    Actually there are a lot of 80s groups performing right now. Spandau Ballet and Midge Ure are on the road right now, I saw Adam Ant, Big Country, The Stranglers, The Damned, Howard Jones, Nik Kershaw, A Flock of Seagulls, Cutting Crew, Level 42, Belinda Carlisle and some more the last years. But maybe it's a European thing, don't know how many of them are on tour in the States.

The reason why I stopped posting here on a regular base was that I went from a job in front of the PC to the medical field without any time or even Internet at work.
    I hear you about time. That's probably the biggest issue for all of us. We're all too busy working to play anymore.

Welcome, Thin Wall You got a lot of reading to do

Quote Originally Posted by Harket View Post
    Yeah! One of the other a-happy Xchangers is here!
    I'm a-happy Xchanger (the only one left )

Making Prefab Sprouter even more cheerful by stalking him.
    If Chasey moves even closer I can stalk him for real!
    Ultravox Lovin' Sista of Torchwood Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Harket View Post
    Hey, Harket! Good to see you.

Okay, I just turned the bulk of the ads off for registered members...

chooch210 is offline The Eiffel Tower is in England

Welcome The Thin Wall
    WHOOPTY FREAKIN DOO!
    Proud member of the "OVE" club!
    Fan of djdaffy!
    80'sfanatics little sis!
    Good friends with Molly

Crowbar reserved for Torchwood_fan

Thread Information