Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Goonies and Gremins sequel talk

80s Forum: Goonies and Gremins sequel talk

Goonies and Gremins sequel talk

Not sure if it's been discussed yet, but there have been rumors of both The Goonies and Gremlins getting new films made. A new interview with Chris Columbus by HitFix confirms that Gremlins seems destined to be made before a new Goonies film.

Re: Goonies and Gremins sequel talk

I'm not sure it's such a great idea idea after all. In 2015 it's all about ruining our childhood memories with tedious CGI and Justin Bieber'esque lead characters. But I'll give the potential sequels the benefit of the doubt.....but don't say I didn't tell so ;-)
    Open Up The Door - Too Funky In Here!
    https://soundcloud.com/kbeesmusic

Quote Originally Posted by K-Bee View Post
    I'm not sure it's such a great idea idea after all. In 2015 it's all about ruining our childhood memories with tedious CGI and Justin Bieber'esque lead characters. But I'll give the potential sequels the benefit of the doubt.....but don't say I didn't tell so ;-)
    Yeah. I pretty much agree with you. However, I think in the case of The Goonies at least, it would make good sense AND probably be acceptable to most 80's fans if the gang returned to adventure with their own kids in some capacity. Like, for example, the adult Goonies get captured and the their children have to rescue them... something along those lines. I think that could work well for the original fans and millennials.

I like the Goonies idea but I was always a big fan of the Gremlins movies - so I'd definitely like to see another. I'd rather it be more of a "next movies" instead of a remake. Remakes often disappoint me...

But would it appeal to today's kids? That's the question. They have quite a lot to choose from. Us ol' geezer would obviously go see it and complain about how it wasn't 80s at all

I would definitely like to see all The Goonies back together again! Just actually got to meet Corey Feldman here in Cleveland at Comic Con back in February and of course I instantly felt like a teenager again lol

Annette
    Partners in Crime with Slayergrrl
    Proud Member of the Metal Chick Posse
    Proudly stalking and being stalked by the Cool Canadian80s
    Twins Separated at birth with Jillybean
    Best Buds with Tinajo
    BCRichRocker4JC's Silician Cyber Sis
    Goonie Buddies with the most awesome RetroMan
    http://www.facebook.com/ohiogooniegirl

That's awesome Annette! You definitely love the Goonies! Hopefully the film gets fast tracked quickly, and things start moving forward in a hurry. But hey, if Gremlins makes it to theaters first I'm cool with that.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Bee View Post
    But would it appeal to today's kids? That's the question. They have quite a lot to choose from. Us ol' geezer would obviously go see it and complain about how it wasn't 80s at all
    This is a good point and I wonder about it... I think both movies would find their audiences and while I bet there would not be as many kids in the theaters as there were in the 80s - adults who like the originals will more than make-up for any deficit. Plus, they may even bring their uninterested kids to see the movie(s).

Another big problem THESE days is piracy. So many kids watch movies for free online... I'm sure a few adults do as well.

However, piracy haven't stopped the business from making more and more expensive movies so I doubt it hurts them as much as they claim. I did pirate a bit of music around 12-13 years ago but haven't done it for ages. I like having the physical media around, and Netflix/Spotify/Wimp more than makes up for what ever I could find illegally back then.

I think this is dead now.

Thread Information