Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
VH-1 Classic Channel finally airing on DirecTV

80s Forum: VH-1 Classic Channel finally airing on DirecTV

Exclamation VH-1 Classic Channel finally airing on DirecTV

DirecTV customers will finally start receiving the VH-1 Classics Channel starting Monday, October 15th. All I want to say is it is about time!!! Every other cable/satellite system seems to already have it.

Angry

Oh poo, I have cable & soon maybe not even that!
    "Terror Twin to Tinajo"

§My Site§

Don't play stupid with me... I'm better at it!

When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.

Every 1 out of 4 people are retarded. Check 3 of your friends. If they're okay, then you are it!

We just started getting VH-1 classic on our digital cable last week. I've watched it a little & it's pretty cool. The stupid Time-Warner guide-thingy won't tell what show is on, so it's hard to tell when they run the all-80's show.
    nolanbuc - the Commish
    "Hijacking threads and beating dead horses since 2001"

World Fantasy Sports - Official Home of the World Fantasy Football League.

Originally posted by nolanbuc:
    <STRONG> The stupid Time-Warner guide-thingy won't tell what show is on, so it's hard to tell when they run the all-80's show. </STRONG>
    Don't worry. Believe me, I will be checking out that channel a lot and let you know if I see an 80's something. The only thing I don't like about DirecTV versus my Time Warner Digital Cable I used to have is that the Digital Cable would give you up to a week's worth of programming on the guide. DirecTV only gives me what is coming on in the next 48 hours.

Smile

REMINDER: This starts for DirecTV customers tomorrow!!!!!

Thank you for the reminder. I am definitely gonna check it out.

Talking

I've had this for about 2 weeks now on NYC Time Warner Cable, and it's amazing!!! The first week was kind of weird - they didn't put a chyron on any of the videos! I mean, I knew all the songs, but some teenager trying to explore music would have no idea that the video he/she was seeing was "Party At Ground Zero" by Fishbone or "Love Missile F1-11" by Sigue Sigue Sputnik. They've since remedied the problem.

A sampling of the cool videos I have seen in the past 2 weeks; many of which I have not seen in 15+ years:
    Joe Jackson "Real Men" (check out the great cover on the new Tori Amos disc)
    The Alarm "Sixty-Eight Guns"
    Men At Work "Overkill"
    When In Rome "The Promise"
    Crowded House "Better Be Home Soon"
    Pat Benatar "Sex As A Weapon"
    Howard Jones "Everlasting Love"
    Doctor & The Medics "Spirit In The Sky"
    Nick Lowe "I Knew The Bride"

And the best part? No commercials! (Except for promos of VH-1 shows). I'm addicted!
    "Words like conviction can turn into a sentence"

Smile

I just got it today and have been watching all afternoon. They have been showing some videos I haven't seen since the 80's. For instance: "Be Good Johnny" by Men At Work, "Avalon" by Roxy Music, "Lights Out" by Peter Wolf and "Mad About You" by Belinda Carlisle. I know I will be watching a lot more of this channel!

Thread Information