Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Rock Star: The Movie - Page 2

80s Forum: Rock Star: The Movie
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ah, Poison ya beat me! I saw it too this afternoon and it was great! I definately want to buy this when it comes on video. I recommed everyone to go see this movie this weekend. I really enjoyed the music too.

This weekend also on VH-1 there will be a RockStar weekend. At 1pm ET/12 pm CT tomorrow will be a Top 40 Hair Band Countdown. Also included will be hair band Behind The Musics, plus a Behind The Movie on RockStar with interviews with Mark Wahlburg and Jennifer Anniston that will air at various times over the weekend.

I have to disagree... I was kinda dissapointed. Marky Mark did an ok job and the movie was entertaining but it just wasn't realistic enough. Maybe I'm being too critical cause I've been in bands myself. I guess for a hard rock/metal fan, I'd wait till it comes out on video... not worth the ticket price. Just my opinion

Thanks for the warning Taz. *Not Man waits patiently for it's release on DVD*

I rather watch movies at home anyway for a couple of reasons......If Mother nature calls you won't miss anything. Nobody will sit behind you and talk through the whole movie. Last but not least.....I think my surround system sounds better than the one at the movies.

Miss you Grandma Ruth
    R.I.P. Scott a.k.a. "Bear" ~ 1962-2006 Miss ya buddy
    Please don't drive drunk.... The life you lose may not be yours!
    One Nation Under GOD indivisible with liberty and justice for all
    ".....Solitaire, Alone I stand, It's all so clear, impressions you falsely take command.
    I'm not like you, there's more than meets the eye in me.......I'm an outcast....." Lizzy Borden - Outcast
    "Now you might take offense to the words like f.uck or shit, but you f.uckin' don't have the right to discriminate me for saying it'' - Anthrax - Starting up a posse
    Official stalker of Jazzmyn ......Come and get some Not Man Lovin'

Judas Priest tried to distance themselves from this movie because it became too commercial. Still, there were a lot of references to the band throughout the movie. It was entertaining and the soundtrack was absolutely awesome. But, at times, it lost me. I'm not sure what they were trying to say with this movie. The ending was, well, it left a lot to be desired. Did anyone else notice that during the outtakes the name of the movie was still Metal God? Its worth seeing though.

I'm very dissapointed. I was reading the top grossing movies of the weekend and "RockStar" only came in 4th place grossing $6.02 million. I don't know about you guys, but I wanted this movie to really do better. I want to see the 80's come back in a strong way. (Especially the music.) I thought this movie would be one of the tools that would help it. I get so tired of all the Britney Spears, Korn, N*Sync, Limp Bizkit crap that is out there. I want to see REAL metal rise again, along with REAL cool pop songs, etc. It would be so nice.

Cool

I saw Rock Star on Sunday. I liked the movie and I really have to admit I loved the music. It had some funny parts in it as well. I love that guy who played his brother. (Don't know what his name is though) I remember him from the Wedding Singer, he played Glen, the one that was supposed to marry Drew Barrymore's character.
    **Ultimate Worshipper of Sal---
    "I made it through the wilderness, somehow I made it through, didn't know how lost I was until I found you.."*

Proud member of the Madonnaphile Associates along with Trixter and 80's Trivia!

**wannabe future Rock n'Roll Jeopardy contestant**

"Oh, when I was a youth back in '83 it was the best days of my life.."-Sublime

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information