Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322
Looking for 'When you dress up' by Loveland?

80s Forum: Looking for 'When you dress up' by Loveland?

Looking for 'When you dress up' by Loveland?

I just discovered this forum yesterday while performing my ever-ongoing search for obscure 80s dance music from my youth. Seems to me that the Houston area had better dance clubs than we had here in Portland, and that the 80s scene is still at least somewhat active... lucky you. *sigh*

The reason I actually stumbled across this site specifically was my need to own 'When You Dress Up for Me' (or something similar?) by Loveland. Since Portland doesn't have a fabulous 80s dance night (we're lucky to get the occasional gimpy top-40 80s night in tacky radio-promotion bars that tend toward bachelorettes and wet-t-shirt contests) I sometimes vaguely remember great songs that I used to dance to ("back in the day") and then spend an eternity figuring out what they are and tracking them down. "Human Nature" (Gary Clail) took only a couple of months, "No Memory" (Scarlet Fantastic) took me about six months, "Egypt, Egypt" (Egyptian Lover) nearly a year, but "When You Dress Up for Me" has taken nearly two. Perhaps more than two. Bleargh.

Another thing that I'm currently looking for is a mix of 'Sex Drive' (by Glam) that included a number of samples... 'People Are Still Having Sex' (LaTour) and something by Karen Finley (I think) are what I remember off the top of my head but I'm pretty sure there were other samples, too. I think it's actually an early 90s song, but Pete Burns (who collaborated) is from Dead or Alive, LaTour is a great 80s band as is Karen Finley (well, a great 80s performer) so I'm going to hope that someone here knows where I can find this mix. Also I hope I don't get tarred and feathered for asking about a 90s song. Erm.

I really only need these on MP3 so I can dance about to them in my living room in my underpants, but I don't object in the slightest to buying them... I just can't find them anywhere.

Re: Looking for 'When you dress up' by Loveland?

Check your e-mail!!

My email has a two hour delay as part of a super-crazy spam filter (I was getting over a hundred junk emails daily, pfft)... this is going to be the longest two hours ever, heh.

On the plus side, I did track down today the Diebold/Cataluna version of 'White Rabbit', so I am not completely deprived of "new" dance music. *grin*

I sent you all three.

Glam - Sex Drive
    Loveland -Dress up
    Karen Finley - Tales of taboo

Let me know if you need anyhting else.

BTW, Open up a Yahoo Mail account, it is quicker.

Enjoy,

Jason

You might want Mr. Big mouse-Drop that ghetto blaster with lead vocals by Karen Finley too.
    That David Diebold & Kim Cataluna-White Rabbit is very questionable. I bought the twevle inch and just don't like it. Look for Airplane Crashers-White rabbit, now there is one of the coolest 80's dance song.

Check out myspace page for a list of cool 80's dance music

http://www.myspace.com/lookingfromthehilltop

Drop me a line tell me what you think.

Welcome to the xchange

Does anyone know where i can find this song also, i have been searching for months and cannot seem to find it! Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Hi, i came across this site when searching for the song by Loveland "Dress up". Does anyone know where i can get it, buy it, download it???? I have searched for months, and not a thing. Thanks for your help in advance.
    jessica

12 years later, but check YouTube and you'll find these songs lol.

Thread Information