Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Bon Jovi - New Jersey

80s Forum: Bon Jovi - New Jersey

Thumbs up Bon Jovi - New Jersey

After selling more than 12 million copies of "Slippery When Wet", Bon Jovi comes back with another blockbuster album called "New Jersey". Released in 1988, this album contained such hits as "Bad Medicine", "Lay Your Hands On Me", "I'll Be There For You", and "Born To Be My Baby".

Bon Jovi continued to go and sell out rock arenas with this album. It is an album full of catchy hooks and choruses that make you want to sing along. My fave songs from the album are: "I'll Be There For You", "Wild Is The Wind", and "Lay Your Hands On Me".

Tracks:

1. Lay Your Hands On Me
    2. Bad Medicine
    3. Born To Be My Baby
    4. Living In Sin
    5. Blood On Blood
    6. Homebound Train
    7. Wild Is The Wind
    8. Ride Cowboy Ride
    9. Stick To Your Guns
    10. I'll Be There For You
    11. 99 In The Shade
    12. Love For Sale

This is also the album in which they decided they wanted to be a little bit cowboy, as evidenced by the tracks Homebound Train and Ride Cowboy Ride. Ironically, Stick To Your Guns isn't as twangy. Overall, this is a good album, and I agree with Stacy that Wild Is The Wind is one of the best tracks on it.

You'd like to think so, wouldn't you?
    I don't know. I lost my psychic abilities when they stole my superhero powers.

Bon Jovi's "New Jersey" is my favorite album of all time. Everything is as close to perfect as possible on this album. This is probably one of the best albums of the hair-metal era, as well as any era, because I think the music is still timeless today. This album has romantic love ballads and hard rock songs. My favorite songs off of this album are "I'll Be There For You", "Bad Medicine", and "Stick To Your Guns". Although, it is extremely hard to pick favorite songs because there is not a bad song on this album. The album starts off strong with "Lay Your Hands On Me" and ends with the unique song "Love For Sale". What is unique about "Love For Sale" is that it was recorded in one take in the middle of "one hell of a party" as it says in the album sleeve. If you are a Bon Jovi fan, hard rock fan, hair metal fan, 80's fan, or just plain a music fan, you should pick this album up.
    Always an 80's girl! // I Sold My Soul To Rock 'N Roll // Don't Let Real Rock Die
    Stalkee of Ted Nugent!
    Stalker of the charming and sweet Guancho!
    Adopted by Pagan!
    Dad - I love you now & always. 1945 - 2002...RIP
    If wantin' the good life is such a crime...Lord, then put me away!
    - Poison, "Nothing But A Good Time"
    My teachers didn't like me
    They always tried to put me down
    'Cause I wore my hair too long
    I played my music way too loud
    - Bon Jovi, "Blame It On The Love Of Rock 'N Roll"

The most difficult thing in the music business has to be following up a mammoth success of an album like Bon Jovi's 'Slippery When Wet'. Many bands choose to play it safe and completley re-use the formula in a more commercial, pop-oriented format. Thankfully, this is not the case with 1988's 'New Jersey', which, while recalling Slippery When Wet on occasion, strives hard to be greater, or at least on par, with it's older brother, without too much obvious repetition of formula.

If anything, Bon Jovi must be commended for taking plenty of chances on this album. Desmond Child, as a songwriter, isn't as dominant on this album, and while Bruce Fairbairn's production is certainly slick and commercial, the band is fully comfortable in this setting, instead of working against it, like Aerosmith a la Permenant Vacation, they work with it, turning in a sonically-heavy pop-rock gem.

Song-wise, lesser known album tracks like 'Wild is the Wind' and 'Stick to your Guns' are absolutley nothing like the hits from Slippery When Wet, both do try and play up the quasi-western image Bon Jovi stuck themselves with thanks to Wanted Dead or Alive, but they're original, catchy, hit-worthy songs in and of themselves. There's also a few clever, if not unneccesary throwaways (Ride Cowboy Ride, Love for Sale) that show that these guys wern't afraid to just mess around sometimes, as opposed to re-creating their hits note for note every album.

The band does falter a bit when it actually tries to TOP Slippery When Wet, but they must be commended for trying. Bad Medicine is a great, catchy song that was a huge hit, and Lay Your Hands on Me kicks the album off every bit as good as Let it Rock did for Slippery. Born to Be My Baby is a complete and utter rewrite of Livin on a Prayer (with a bit of help from 'I'd Die For You's keyboard melody), nonetheless it's a fine song that was another hit (I've said it before, no one can re-write a song like Bon Jovi).

Blood on Blood is another song worth mentioning, it's a powerful, quasi-epic of a song, even though it seems that Bon Jovi is a bit too obsessed with Springsteen on this cut, it's a definite album highlight.

The highlight of this album would have to be the ballads, strangely enough. I'll Be There For You showcases Jon's range to the fullest, and it's perfect for reminiscing those junior-high slow-dances. Living In Sin is a masterpeice in and of itself, however. Written by Jon on his lonesome, it contains very telling social commentary, with a kind of Romeo and Juliet twist. Richie's solo is subdued and memorable, and Jon again shows off his considerable range and powerful style. This song goes a long way in hinting at the full potential this band would later come to realize.

New Jersey isn't Bon Jovi's best, but it's right up there. The similarities to Slippery When Wet, while obvious sometimes, are surprisingly minimal, and the band, Richie Sambora in particular, are finding their own identity and style quite nicely. The foundations laid here would come to full fruition on Jon and Richie's solo albums, as well as 1993's Keep the Faith.
    The most difficult thing in the music business has to be following up a mammoth success of an album like Bon Jovi's 'Slippery When Wet'. Many bands choose to play it safe and completley re-use the formula in a more commercial, pop-oriented format. Thankfully, this is not the case with 1988's 'New Jersey', which, while recalling Slippery When Wet on occasion, strives hard to be greater, or at least on par, with it's older brother, without too much obvious repetition of formula.

If anything, Bon Jovi must be commended for taking plenty of chances on this album. Desmond Child, as a songwriter, isn't as dominant on this album, and while Bruce Fairbairn's production is certainly slick and commercial, the band is fully comfortable in this setting, instead of working against it, like Aerosmith a la Permenant Vacation, they work with it, turning in a sonically-heavy pop-rock gem.

Song-wise, lesser known album tracks like 'Wild is the Wind' and 'Stick to your Guns' are absolutley nothing like the hits from Slippery When Wet, both do try and play up the quasi-western image Bon Jovi stuck themselves with thanks to Wanted Dead or Alive, but they're original, catchy, hit-worthy songs in and of themselves. There's also a few clever, if not unneccesary throwaways (Ride Cowboy Ride, Love for Sale) that show that these guys wern't afraid to just mess around sometimes, as opposed to re-creating their hits note for note every album.

The band does falter a bit when it actually tries to TOP Slippery When Wet, but they must be commended for trying. Bad Medicine is a great, catchy song that was a huge hit, and Lay Your Hands on Me kicks the album off every bit as good as Let it Rock did for Slippery. Born to Be My Baby is a complete and utter rewrite of Livin on a Prayer (with a bit of help from 'I'd Die For You's keyboard melody), nonetheless it's a fine song that was another hit (I've said it before, no one can re-write a song like Bon Jovi).

Blood on Blood is another song worth mentioning, it's a powerful, quasi-epic of a song, even though it seems that Bon Jovi is a bit too obsessed with Springsteen on this cut, it's a definite album highlight.

The highlight of this album would have to be the ballads, strangely enough. I'll Be There For You showcases Jon's range to the fullest, and it's perfect for reminiscing those junior-high slow-dances. Living In Sin is a masterpeice in and of itself, however. Written by Jon on his lonesome, it contains very telling social commentary, with a kind of Romeo and Juliet twist. Richie's solo is subdued and memorable, and Jon again shows off his considerable range and powerful style. This song goes a long way in hinting at the full potential this band would later come to realize.

New Jersey isn't Bon Jovi's best, but it's right up there. The similarities to Slippery When Wet, while obvious sometimes, are surprisingly minimal, and the band, Richie Sambora in particular, are finding their own identity and style quite nicely. The foundations laid here would come to full fruition on Jon and Richie's solo albums, as well as 1993's Keep the Faith.
    Sarah: That's not fair!
    Jareth: You say that so often, I wonder what your basis for comparison is?

Re: Bon Jovi - New Jersey

I was never a big fan of the 'cowboy' western sound but the songs that didn't have that feel are my favorites from this album.. If you collect 80s music, this is definitely a must-have...

Re: Bon Jovi - New Jersey

SCAR ESTHETIQUE 10ml l* giải pháp cực kỳ hiệu quả giúp đánh tan mọi lo âu về sẹo thâm, sẹo lõm, sẹo rỗ, sẹo lâu năm.

tham khảo tại: https://thuocxoaseo.com/thuoc-tri-seo/tri-seo-tham/kem-dieu-tri-seo-scar-esthetique-10g.html

Sẹo tuy không nguy hiểm v* ảnh hưởng đến sức khỏe nhưng nó ảnh hưởng đến vẻ đẹp thẩm mỹ của mỗi người. L*m chúng ta mất tự tin khi giao tiếp, đặc biệt l* đối với chị em phụ nữ, sẹo như l* nỗi ám ảnh của họ.

Thread Information