Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Best Young Actor in the 80's

80s Forum: Best Young Actor in the 80's

View Poll Results: Best Young Actor of the 80's

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sean Penn

9 21.43%
  • Tom Cruise

5 11.90%
  • Emilio Estavez

6 14.29%
  • John Cusack

14 33.33%
  • Charlie Sheen

5 11.90%
  • Rob Lowe

3 7.14%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Best Young Actor in the 80's

In your Opinion who was the new young actor in the 80's
    Topcats Buddy
    Bogie' Arch Nemesis

Thumbs up

I voted for Sean Penn. He is a remarkable actor, very diverse. I must have seen Racing With The Moon over a dozen times!!
    Trixter

I like Sean Penn. He is very versatile. But I voted for Rob Lowe.
    deb.

Circe Nightshade to Trixter's Azreal Abyss.
    Iluv80's and VioletFoxx's 3d gal pal.
    Cyberraga's most ballsy bestest.

My vote was also for Sean Penn, Bad Boys, Fast Times, Racing with the Moon, At Close Range he could carry a movie, I know Tom Cruise had alot more star power and was in alot bigger films, Another Actor I liked was James Spader but he was usually a supporting actor .
    Topcats Buddy
    Bogie' Arch Nemesis

I picked John Cusack. I always enjoyed his movies.

Recker is offline Reminiscing about the 80s... xchange
    Charlie Sheen for me! He is such a brilliant actor. Loved him in Platoon! He was supurb in one of his earlier movies too where he played a youth who went on a crime spree around the city with his buddy from school. "Boys next door"

Thumbs up

I voted for John Cusack. He has managed to quietly grow from teen star to leading man and has given some great performances in quite a few hit films!

Who's That Girl? The Ultimate Madonna Trivia Book
    Thank You for Being a Friend: A Golden Girls Trivia Book
    The Totally Awesome 80s TV Trivia Book!

Official Stalker of the Amazing & Wonderful jen*!!!
    Openly Stalking Torchwood Fan!!!
    Thrilled to Have Our Beloved Xchange Back Again!

I voted for Charlie Sheen. John Cusack was very close though.
    ...whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable if anything is excellent or praiseworthy think about such things."

Have you hugged your penguin today?

I thought Tom Cruise would run away with it... and Emilio hasn't been treated this badly since Demi moore dumped him for Bruce willis
    Topcats Buddy
    Bogie' Arch Nemesis

I voted for Tom Cruise. I think he pretty much showed young actors the way to do it. He went from teen-movies into drama's very smoothly. I thought he was brilliant in Risky Business and that alone was enough to get him my vote.

This was a tough call, but I picked John Cusack. Just loved his movies, even into the 90's.

Sean Penn could've been my pick, but I think Madonna did something to that boy. After they married, he turned into an abrasive prick. His recent comments about Howard Stern being worse than Osama bin Laden prove to me that he is not only obnoxious, but freaking nuts as well. (Howard isn't my favorite person either, but come on!)

The others were all very choosable, but I had to pick someone.
    nolanbuc - the Commish
    "Hijacking threads and beating dead horses since 2001"

World Fantasy Sports - Official Home of the World Fantasy Football League.

That stuff Sean said about Howard is amazing. I was surprised too. I think maybe he is just trying to get publicity for his new movie. They are allready talking about Oscar nominations for him. Like they say in the movie industry "Any publicity is good publicity!"
    ...whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable if anything is excellent or praiseworthy think about such things."

Have you hugged your penguin today?

Tom Hanks!
    Stalker of TC and Jen
    Milani's partner in Crime
    Official supplier of Officially Crap UK music to DJDaffy
    Stalker of BrandyBlue

Originally posted by Chopper
    Tom Hanks!

I chose actors who were still in their teen's when the 80's began and were playing teenagers in movies during their early career. Tom Hanks was already 24 by 1980 and was playing adult roles. I did leave out several other names that could have fit into my criterion ie Eric Stoltz and Andrew Mc Carthy but I had to draw the line somewhere. Yes Tom Hanks has really made a great contribution to movies, but I never even thought of him when choosing names for this poll
    Topcats Buddy
    Bogie' Arch Nemesis

Charlie Sheen

I would have to go with Emilio Estevez. Two films I can think of he stood out in were "Maximum Overdrive" and "The Breakfast Club". Liked the way his character takes control of situations. I also liked his role in the Mighty Ducks series in the 90's.

Sean Penn....he was amazing, even though he turned into a dick last week with the stupid comment he made.

Mine wasn't on there!!! I loved James Spader. Sixteen Candles, White Palace, Less Than Zero....I don't know why, I just loved him!!!

I voted for John Cusack for a number of reasons. Firstly he made movies in the 80s that were happy and at times touching.

I LOVE Sean Penn. I believe he is one of the top 5 actors in the world today. He was smart enough to not go for "star" making movies. Instead he focuses on good roles, not hit movies.

Tom Cruise? Please, with the exeption of FAR AND AWAY I have never seen him do ANYTHING that is different. I mean, every movie, he is Tom Cruise. Period. Although I recently saw TOP GUN in a theater, and that movie does, as a matter of fact, kick 374,532 different kinds of ass!
    "A wise and frugal Government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor and bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government" - Thomas Jefferson.

Originally posted by Jasper
    Tom Cruise? Please, with the exeption of FAR AND AWAY I have never seen him do ANYTHING that is different. I mean, every movie, he is Tom Cruise. Period. Although I recently saw TOP GUN in a theater, and that movie does, as a matter of fact, kick 374,532 different kinds of ass!
    I guess you haven't seen Interview With A Vampire, Born On The Forth Of July or Magnolia then?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information