Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322
WORST One-Hit Wonder Song - Page 7

80s Forum: WORST One-Hit Wonder Song
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Re: WORST One-Hit Wonder Song

Quote Originally Posted by Atomica

Here's one to talk about if you're unlucky enough to have heard it: "I've Never Been To Me" by Charlene
    Yes, it sucks!!!! Actually I was lucky in that I never heard of it until a few years ago. A Japanese singer did a cover version called "Love Is All" but the lyrics weren`t stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomica
    How could I forget..
    "People are still having sex.
    Lust keeps on lurking.
    Nothing makes them stop.
    This AIDS thing's not working."
    Didn't the guy speaking this song sound like Worf from ST:TNG??
    heidi
    I totally forgot about that song! Oh Boo, indeed! I know it's gonna get stuck in my head now!

What about "Dr. Mr. Jesus"? This song was awful, sung by some little kid about getting beat up by her parents. So sad, So bad.

O remember Dr Mr. Jesus, It was just very sad. The one I think was the worst was Puttin On The Rits. Very sick of it.

That Charlene 'Never Been to me' song - do you mean the one that was in Priscilla Queen of the Desert? I loved that song. *prepares to be banned form this site forever*

Trio Da da da was the stupidest, most annoying and all adjectives-defy-me song ever.

That crappy murray head song"one night in bangkok". I have a version where they play some sort of like midevil stuff at the very beginning, and then they go into the song.

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson Starship
    Puttin' on the Ritz by Taco is the worst 0ne hit Wonder of the 80s than all i've read here!! Also the song by Eddie Murphy, don't think it was a 1 hit, anyways!!
    You guys will get a kick out of this: I played that song of his"party all the time" a few months ago as i was a "guest DJ" somewhere??? the minute I played that song, believe it or not, the place went almost apesh*t. I just started to laugh.

You're right, "dont worry be happy" has got to be right up there at the top. I'd like to slap all the people at radio stations who helped make the song make it.

Quote Originally Posted by kangaRoos
    I totally agree with the Bobby McFerrin nominations.

Most of the one hit wonders I hated were the 90's. My least favorite was "Life is a Highway" song, I forgot the guy's name.
    Arguably thee worst song EVER EVER EVER?????

That damn "macarena" song......ARGGGGGGGGGGGGG I hated that song and still do to this day. Those two idiots should be beaten to a bloody pulp, dipped in brown gravy, & then locked in a small room with a wolverine who's high on angeldust.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricYouth
    LOL! Leave it to you to point out innuendo, girl!

As for annoying one hit wonders, I agree with the masses. "Don't Worry Be Happy" is a worthless song! They should destroy the master tapes for that song.
    EEK!!! wasnt that tom waites who did that???? how about that shitty song by the manhattan transfer?? That cool cool cutey tell us about the boy from NYC???? I despise that group and that song.

How about these "misses":

Tough enough-Fabulous thunderbirds
    Keep your hands to yourself-georgia satellites
    my sharona- the knack(if i hear that damn song one more time.....)
    What i like about you-the romantics(see the last song)
    pop goes the world-men without hats
    Shut your mouth-julian cope
    (that crappy)"I touch myself" song by the divinyls???
    Last edited by DJJEFFCLARKE; 5-16-05 at 04:02 AM.

Re: WORST One-Hit Wonder Song You Might Think

How about You Might Think by the Cars? I couldn't stand Ric Ocasek's delivery on that silly song and the goofy video.

yeeesh!!

Quote Originally Posted by DJJEFFCLARKE
    That cool cool cutey tell us about the boy from NYC???? I despise that group and that song.
    I am told that was my favorite song when I was VERY young, I heard it recently and had to laugh.

I love "Pop Goes the World" and will pretend you didn't say that...

"Shower Me With Your Love"
    I didnt see an answer to who sings this, but it's SURFACE.

Seems that we are not the only ones that want to wretch when we hear "Dont Worry...". I saw something on VH1 and Bobby McFarrin himself hates the song too. ROFL!

Quote Originally Posted by willowbythesea
    Trio Da da da was the stupidest, most annoying and all adjectives-defy-me song ever.
    That is a real great song, I love Trio, but only in german. In english it sounds silly...

i did'nt mind that song myself though ! something differant .

i can't stand American Pie - Don Mclean !!!
    Last edited by aust rock; 6-27-05 at 06:04 AM.

[QUOTE=willowbythesea;559905]That Charlene 'Never Been to me' song - do you mean the one that was in Priscilla Queen of the Desert? I loved that song. *prepares to be banned form this site forever*

Hi there. I haven't been on this site for a long time so I didn't see your reply.

I saw Priscilla so long ago that I don't remember much of it, but I remember that I loved it. I don't remember hearing the song in the movie. But I hope nobody banned you for saying you loved it because we can all express our opinion!

"Don't Worry Be Happy" and "You Look Marvelous" (or Mahvelous) by Billy Crystal top my list. Horrible!

I still hate "Don't Worry, Be Happy"...one of the most annoying songs I have ever heard.

As for some of the ones people have named here, I actually LOVE The Electric Slide (Yes I am admitting it), "Pass The Dutchie" and "We Are The World".

I can't stand "I Want Candy" by Bow Wow Wow though. OR "I Know What Boys Like" by someone that I am forgetting.
    Always an 80's girl! // I Sold My Soul To Rock 'N Roll // Don't Let Real Rock Die
    Stalkee of Ted Nugent!
    Stalker of the charming and sweet Guancho!
    Adopted by Pagan!
    Dad - I love you now & always. 1945 - 2002...RIP
    If wantin' the good life is such a crime...Lord, then put me away!
    - Poison, "Nothing But A Good Time"
    My teachers didn't like me
    They always tried to put me down
    'Cause I wore my hair too long
    I played my music way too loud
    - Bon Jovi, "Blame It On The Love Of Rock 'N Roll"

HI ALL

In 1981 (UK) we had a an instrumental song at number 1 called "The Birdy Song" and to hear it was like pouring acid into an open cut

IT WAS, QUITE SIMPLY, HORRIBLE!

Re: Don't Worry, Be Happy: Bobby McFerrin

It was pretty bad. It became even worse when they added it to that singing fish toy. Someone gave one to my grandfather and it became a popular song around the house for awhile because everyone thought it was hilarious.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread Information