Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Favorite Berlin song - Page 2

80s Forum: Favorite Berlin song

View Poll Results: Favorite Berlin song

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Metro

17 24.64%
  • Sex (I'm A...)

9 13.04%
  • For All Tomorrow's Lies

0 0%
  • Blowin' Sky High

0 0%
  • Take My Breath Away

15 21.74%
  • You Don't Know

2 2.90%
  • Like Flames

1 1.45%
  • No More Words

21 30.43%
  • other

4 5.80%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I voted for The Metro. great song. I give it two thumbs up.

Ok, so I'm the brave one of the bunch, I'm not even gonna lie..I voted for Sex (I'm a....) I love that song! I got the opportunity to see Berlin twice this summer. Man, they put on one of the BEST shows!

*did you know that Terri was also in this movie called "Thank God It's Friday" with Donna Summer, Jeff Goldblum, and Debra Winger. It's about a bunch of people at a disco, where there's a big dance contest. The Commodores are in it too. It's a cheesy 70's movie, but I love it! I am a movie goddess afterall, and I try to see all the movies...oh yeah, and buy their soundtracks...
    **Ultimate Worshipper of Sal---
    "I made it through the wilderness, somehow I made it through, didn't know how lost I was until I found you.."*

Proud member of the Madonnaphile Associates along with Trixter and 80's Trivia!

**wannabe future Rock n'Roll Jeopardy contestant**

"Oh, when I was a youth back in '83 it was the best days of my life.."-Sublime

lol I've only ever heard "Take My Breath Away" by Berlin - they weren't that big in the UK, really. But I did really love that song.
    - The 80's Angel

**Warning!**
    This post was written by a highly caffeinated punkgrrl!

FORMER Vocals and Bass Girl for Lost Angels
    (Guitar/Songbird for Hire!)

Misses having a stalker
    Stalked in RL by the wickedly handsome True Rebel

Look Into My Thoughts!

"The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars." -- Jack Kerouac, On the Road

I voted for other. my favorite Berlin song has always been "Masquerade". Tomorrow never came. my second favorite is "Sky High" Xis has good taste in music.

"The metro". I love this song. And "Sex (I'm a...)" in a closer second place. Was difficult to listen to this song in the radio... someone considered it was not "politically correct" for our "innocent" minds!
    I miss you, Xistenza

Originally posted by Chopper

After 'Take My Breath Away' I don't remember anything else from them in the UK charts.

Like Chopper, I never knew they had another hit, i thought they were a one hit wonder.

I voted for Take My Breath Away, it was an exceptional song at the time and still is today.

Smile

An interesting side note: Berlin's "No More Words" is the B-side to Madonna's single "Crazy For You". Both songs appeared on the soundtrack to the movie Vision Quest. I still have the vinyl single, which is a bit of a rarity, as both songs became hits in the US. "No More Words" is a great 80s New Wave tune, so those that have never heard it should check it out!
    Thank You for Being a Friend: A Golden Girls Trivia Book
    The Totally Awesome 80s TV Trivia Book!

Official Stalker of the Amazing & Wonderful jen*!!!
    Openly Stalking Torchwood Fan!!!
    Thrilled to Have Our Beloved Xchange Back Again!

Originally posted by lostboy
    I voted for other. my favorite Berlin song has always been "Masquerade". Tomorrow never came. my second favorite is "Sky High" Xis has good taste in music.
    why, thank you! I'm glad someone else loves this song as much as I do.
    "ask me i won't say no, how could i?"

"No More Words" is my favorite.
    I always wanted to dye the tips of my blonde hair black like Terri Nunn's, but I was never brave enough.
    **Official Stalker of the musically omniscient TJ**
    **Stalked by the fantabulous OPC**
    **Mutual admirer of DJDaffy, my dream man**

I will give you every penny's worth, but it will cost you a dollar first.
    alli on facebook

I had to go with "Sex". One of my favorite 12" singles back then.

I voted for "No More Words"; I love the part where you can hear her take a breath in the middle of the third or fourth chorus.
    Berlin was supposed to perform at a club several years ago in the city I used to live in but backed out at the last minute . This was disappointing, since I had already missed Dead or Alive at the same place when the ATM ate my card on the way over there .
    O||||O
    [><]

Originally posted by 80sTrivia
    An interesting side note: Berlin's "No More Words" is the B-side to Madonna's single "Crazy For You". Both songs appeared on the soundtrack to the movie Vision Quest. I still have the vinyl single, which is a bit of a rarity, as both songs became hits in the US. "No More Words" is a great 80s New Wave tune, so those that have never heard it should check it out!

I'm glad ya caught that fellow Madonnaphile!

I voted for "No More Words", the song is great, but I also enjoy the video for it's based on 'Bonnie & Clyde', and I think I've posted before that I'm releated to Bonnie Parker!
    Trixter

Smile

Originally posted by Trixter

I voted for "No More Words", the song is great, but I also enjoy the video for it's based on 'Bonnie & Clyde', and I think I've posted before that I'm releated to Bonnie Parker!
    I don't think I read the post where you told you were related to Bonnie Parker!!! That must be why you are such a rebel, Trix!!!
    Thank You for Being a Friend: A Golden Girls Trivia Book
    The Totally Awesome 80s TV Trivia Book!

Official Stalker of the Amazing & Wonderful jen*!!!
    Openly Stalking Torchwood Fan!!!
    Thrilled to Have Our Beloved Xchange Back Again!

I've only heard 3 of the songs on the list; however "No More Words" gets the nod of approval here. The video for this song is pretty cool as well
    David

Had to vote for 'No More Words'. I like the Bonnie and Clyde storyline in the video.
    deb.

Circe Nightshade to Trixter's Azreal Abyss.
    Iluv80's and VioletFoxx's 3d gal pal.
    Cyberraga's most ballsy bestest.

They have so many great songs!!! lol Was tough to vote here. I went for No More Words with Metro a close second.

Queen of Fluff
    sister of Ther & Ty in the sisterhood
    Water Elemental of the 80s Xchange Coven

Goddess of Caffienated Beverages

Re: No more words

Originally posted by Recker

I remember a friend and I playing "Sex I'm a..." on our tape recorder and my little sister who was about 5 or 6 at the time asked us what a Slut was! Well she actually said, "What's a sludge?" thinking it was very funny. We were able to get ourselves out of a potentially embarrassing situation by explaining what Sludge meant!
    No More Words got my vote.
    So, Recker, what is a sludge?
    ...whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable if anything is excellent or praiseworthy think about such things."

Have you hugged your penguin today?

No more words

unavailable choice "Dancing In Berlin".
    Personally, I thought that entire CD/album from 1984 was the best one they did.

ohhh, I was the first one voting for "Like Flames". Too bad they never ever play it on radio.

I always loved way "the Metro" sounds. it makes me feel like I'm on the train in Europe.
    the video was good, too. -perfect for the song.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information