Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
The Monster Squad

80s Forum: The Monster Squad

Thumbs up The Monster Squad

I just watched "The Monster Squad" for the 1st time in years. I just wanna give props to this often overlooked 80s gem. This movie rocks!

I only have three words for that movie...."Scary-German-Guy".

Something i noticed about Scary German Guy, the movie seems to hint that he was once in a concentration camp, if you look closely there is a menorah in his house and he has a code numbered tatooed on his arm. The thing is, they never mention anything about it and it really isnt relative to the story. Maybe they cut some scenes dealing with this because it wasnt needed?

It's VERY relevent to the story, Opt! Remember, they tell him that he "sure knows alot about monsters", then he replies "Yes, I guess you would say I do" and the camera pans to the numbers on his arm. It points out that he considered Hitler a monster. Very powerful part in an otherwise light-hearted movie!

Thats true, actually i remember commenting on that while i watched it, saying how Hitler was the monster. I must have forgot it in my post. Thanks for the info.

Thread Information