Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Chris Issak - "Always Got Tonight"

80s Forum: Chris Issak - "Always Got Tonight"

Thumbs up Chris Issak - "Always Got Tonight"

Chris Issak's is a master of the guitar and of his swoonful voice that get's all the women crazy. Mr. Issak has just released a new album entitled, "Always Got Tonight". The cd boasts 12 new studio tracks. Chris delivers his songs in his usual, but entertaining style, with rockin' guitar and beats, not to mention his easy-goin', silky smooth voice.

The title track "Always Got Tonight" is one of the highlights of the album, uptempo and a bit of a departure from his unique sound, it's a bit reminiscent, however, of Chris' earlier work on the "Heart Shaped World" album. Other stand-out tracks include the first single "Let Me Down Easy" sultry and pleading, it pulls on the listeners heartstrings similar to his hit single "Wicked Game". "American Boy" is a rockin', upbeat song with a twinge of rockabilly country! A song that professes who he is, as the character of the song, but also in reality! "Courthouse" is a stirring, mid-tempo melody, where Chris comes to the defense of an accussed lover. One of the best songs "Life Will Go On", about an ended love, is simply beautiful, Chris makes his guitar weep on this one in that special way!

In conclusion, "Always Got Tonight" is well worth a listen, pick it up when you can, you won't regret it! Mr. Issak seems to be on a roll with his Showtime series, "The Chris Issak Show" and continues to outdo himself with the delivery of this cd! Keep 'em comin' Chris!!
    Last edited by Trixter; 3-25-02 at 06:32 PM.
    Trixter

I have a couple of his CD's. They always leave me puzzled. As much as I like a few songs, other disappoint soooo much. I think he has a lot of talent, but it's only certain songs that really appeal to me. I am getting this album solely on your recommendation, Trixter.

Originally posted by Flix I am getting this album solely on your recommendation, Trixter. [/B]
    Trixter looks like a deer caught in the headlights
    Oh no, the pressures on! Seriously, I hope you enjoy the album!
    Trixter

You lucked out, Trixter. I just got the album in the mail and it sounds very promising after the first listening. I think it is different from his last couple of albums. A little more straight forward sounding and more airplay friendly. Anyway, thanks for the recommendation, Trixter.

wavemaster is offline David Hasselhoff reunited Germany in '89
    I have to agree with Flix...while some of Chris Isaak's tracks are simply brilliant, others left me either puzzled, if not bored.

Im damn proud of my "Dancin' 12" - it was pretty hard to get it in Germany although it was some kind of an underground hit back in the 80s. His best track ever IMHO (original definition ).

Proud GERMAN member of the "OVE" Club

Originally posted by wavemaster
    I have to agree with Flix...while some of Chris Isaak's tracks are simply brilliant, others left me either puzzled, if not bored.

Im damn proud of my "Dancin' 12" - it was pretty hard to get it in Germany although it was some kind of an underground hit back in the 80s. His best track ever IMHO (original definition ).
    Gotta agree Wave, "Dancin'" is one of Chris' better songs!
    Trixter

Thread Information