Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322
"200 Cigarettes"

80s Forum: "200 Cigarettes"

Thumbs up "200 Cigarettes"

A Blast From The Past Y'all!!

Who says you can never go back? 200 Cigarettes did just that! It brought back well over 200 memories of the early eighties and did the impossible, created more! This film is enjoyable from beginning to end. I enjoyed seeing Courtney Love in a comedic role. Janeane Garafalo, though not in the movie all that much, gave a hilarious performance nontheless. Ultimately, the highlight of the film was newcomer, Kate Hudson, she stole the movie!!! The daughter of Goldie Hawn, Kate Hudson gave us a mirror image to what Goldie was as a younger woman. Kate's character had all the laughs as well as the audiences pity. Nostalgic and engrossing, "200 Cigarettes" had me wistfully wanting to go back and relive that era! I highly recommend this film to everyone who want's to party like it's 1981!
    Trixter

I've seen it! (Actually had the VHS copy, but the tape got caught in the VCR and it was trash.) It was pretty good! I'm not much of a Courtney Love fan, but she was good in that movie. You are right about Kate Hudson, she did steal the movie! I feel she is one of the best up and coming actresses out right now (loved "Almost Famous"). I recommend this movie also.

Why haven't I heard of this flik before ?? It can't be new if Iluvthe80s had it on tape or ???

*runs of to check IMdB*
    Currently hanging out at RomShare

Smile

I enjoyed "200 Cigarettes" for the most part, but I found Martha Plimpton's character to be highly annoying and kind of ruined the flick for me...
    Thank You for Being a Friend: A Golden Girls Trivia Book
    The Totally Awesome 80s TV Trivia Book!

Official Stalker of the Amazing & Wonderful jen*!!!
    Openly Stalking Torchwood Fan!!!
    Thrilled to Have Our Beloved Xchange Back Again!

I got this on DVD about a year ago. I really like it. Kate Hudson is one of my favorite actresses. She is awesome in Almost Famous too. She was so funny in this though. I agree she stole the show.
    ...whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable if anything is excellent or praiseworthy think about such things."

Have you hugged your penguin today?

Smile

I really, really enjoyed this movie...and I thought Kate Hudson was terrific! I remember when I tried to rent this and every time, for at least a month, it was checked out.

One of my favorite parts, is when Martha Plimpton is watching Love Story while waiting for her guests. She throws her drink at the tv and says, "I hate you m.fers!"
    Stalking Benjamin Calypso & Jughead Jones

Being stalked by Jughead Jones and Benjamin Calypso

Being stalked by PBJ!

HBM's little sis

Hopelessly addicted to horror movies!

Lover of those cheesy 70s and 80s movies, too.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~I wish I was back in the 80s~

Thread Information