Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 322

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Sadness in ST Louis

80s Forum: Sadness in ST Louis

Unhappy Sadness in ST Louis

Seems as though while I was away for 3 weeks, I missed ST Elmo's Fire, Breakfast Club and 16 Candles at the weekend movie here. This weekends movie is Resevoir Dogs, a GREAT flick. I will be there to see that. Other movies coming up are:

HEAVY METAL
    STRIPES
    VACATION
    EUROPEAN VACATION
    NIGHTMARE ON ELM ST (THE ORIGINAL)

Can't wait for some of those, actually all of those. And, the theater is almost packed every weekend for these flicks. at least 75% full for a midnight movie. Fun Times!

Ron

------------------
    If it weren't for my horse, I would have never spent that year in college!

That is so awesome, Jasper!!

I wish we had one of those theatres... I can't imagine it being packed here, though... I don't know many people around here that actually cared about the 80s... 'cept me!

------------------
    ROCK AND ROLL!!!
    SAL IS A FREAK!!!

Later!! Tina

The first movie I saw tehre on the misnight show was Clerks. It was in the middle of an ice storm down here and there was like 100 people. The next show I went to had about 400, and it grows every week, depending on the movie. The majority of the people there are in their early to mid 20s. Seems as though the 80s arent as "goofy" as most people think. But then again, a classic movie is always a classic. SOme of the really "80s" movies like Vacation, Ghostbusters, etc are almost always near sold out. Those bring a lot of the 30 year olds out, plus the younger crowd. Every week they have a form where you can write 5 movies you would want them to get. They collect them for 3 weeks, and the top 5 movies usually get chosen, and if they can get the films, that is what they will show. I am trying to get PURPLE RAIN, because I have only seen it on the small screen, and think it would kick 100 kinds of ass on the big screen with the theater sound system kicking. But then again, I have a problem with seeing Purple Rain that I still havent been able to get over, but that is a long story for another time.

ROn

------------------
    If it weren't for my horse, I would have never spent that year in college!

Purple Rain is definately one of my all time faves!!!

keep writing it down as one of your picks when you go there, Ron!! They have to show it sooner or later!!!

------------------
    ROCK AND ROLL!!!
    SAL IS A FREAK!!!

Later!! Tina

I keep telling them I want to see Purple Rain and The Wall. Other than that, they get most of the flicks that would interest me. It is an entirely different experience on the big screen for movies like TOP GUN and stuff that most of us missed in the theaters. SOme others I have asked for have been LABRYNTH, BACHELOR PARTY, SOUTH PARK MOVIE, PORKY'S and the original NIGHTMARE ON ELM ST.

Any other things you guys think I should ask about or for?

Ron

------------------
    While I am aware that, as the saying goes, Money can't but me happiness"
    I would still like to be known as "That meloncholy guy driving the red Lamborghini"

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jasper:
    Seems as though while I was away for 3 weeks, I missed ST Elmo's Fire, Breakfast Club and 16 Candles at the weekend movie here</font>
    That's so cool!! All we've got here, besides the ones that play the new releases, is a theater in Fremont that plays movies from a couple of months ago for a couple of bucks. Damn, that's so cool!!!!!

I want a theatre near me like that. Those aer some good movies. Would love to see them again.

Jazzmyn

<FONT COLOR="#6699cc" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Jazzmyn on 04-07-2001 at 02:36 AM</font>

Thread Information